How to vanish a tie?

Jun 13, 2013
Germany
Hey there,

I am planning to vanish my tie. So far I thought of having a clip-tie and vanishing that in a vest or putting it away when turned away from the audience. Also another possibility would be to vanish it when under cover by a jacket or something.

Can you help me with some different ideas?

Thanks a lot!

Philipp

Feb 21, 2009
Can you provide some info? I'm guessing that you are going to be on a stage? Is this at the opening of your routine, in the middle, or towards the end?

Jun 13, 2013
Germany
Yes, I will be standing on a stage and performing an escape routine. The tie is supposed to vanish and I will be tied up wieh another tie. I could potentially have some cover through the jacket they hold in front of me.

Sorry for not making this clear in the beginning.

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
I would think that a clip on is your best bet. You're on the right track. If you want to switch ties all together, just trying to think outside the box, but you could do dress code with identical shirts with different ties. remove the clip on so you have no tie, then in an instant you have a legitimately tied tie on. Though I'm sure there are some resources on this stuff in the quick change realm of materials.

Feb 21, 2009
Could you sew a pocket into the jacket or utilize an existing one to ditch the tie in while it is being held in front of you? Also you might be able to use one of those key retractors attached to the tie and hidden in your clothing somewhere so that once you unclipped it the tie would be pulled underneath your clothing somewhere. That might be kind of complicated but it might work.

May 21, 2014
Staunton, VA

FormlessMars22 pretty much has the answer I was gonna offer. If you could build a working pull that would cleanly yank the thing down your collar or between your shirt buttons, you'd be more or less set after some practice.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results