Coincidence - Possible Trick???

Apr 21, 2015
Tarzana, CA
Hello people of theory11,

I have a great beginner trick idea that I want to put on The Wire. However, in order for theory11 to approve or not, I have to give them a completed video. My plans are to make an extremely in-depth tutorial and performance tips, plus some bonus footage, and I don't want to have that been a waste of time if theory11 doesn't approve, or nobody buys. Coincidence is a card magic ace production that is a little different performance-wise. there are 2 main ways to perform it, and 6 sleights to make it flawless. After shuffling the deck throughly, ANY deck, you riffle through the cards, and ask the spectator when to say stop. You do this 4 times, and give a card to four spectators. After some patter, you ask each spectator to show their card, and they are all aces, or kings, or 3s, or WHATEVER YOU WANT. There is a different method to this production, and a great beginner/intermediate sleight-of-hand trick. I want to sell it from 99 cents - 3 dollars. Before I survey for a good price, I want to know, Would you purchase or approve of this effect???
Your feedback would be appreciated...

Jul 1, 2013
Italy
What makes a valid video in The Wire, is essentially originality and quality.
There are already Aces production in The Wire, so this category is acceptable.
Search those and take a look at the trailers. If your plot and effect is the same, chances are getting very low.
However, you should build your tutorial, no matter what. Make sure to build a nice one!

Check this thread, this should help you in making your tutorial:
http://www.theory11.com/forums/threads/how-to-improve-your-videos-overnight.34197/

Dec 30, 2014
Hi there, when you do submit it don't JUST submit it to theory11, try all the other magic websites as it might not be what theory11 want but it might be what some other website wants.

Hope this helped. :)

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
When your video is accepted you have the freedom to chose when you release it. This means that you could film a quick explanation and trailer to check for originality. Then later upgrade the video. I have done this and I know Gerraint Clark has as well. The problem with this is that you have to allow for time to go by so that they can approve multiple videos. Despite what they promise it usually takes a couple weeks to approve a trick or video.

Oct 8, 2014
No, the method was ridiculous, I just abandoned the project. I ended up submitting another effect, and 2 cardistry effects to the Wire. All 3 were denied. i am currently working on a project that I am very excited about, and I think this one will be accepted.

Awesome! Can't wait to see 'em!

levivoltz

Elite Member
Dec 7, 2014
I do not want to say your method isn't original, but chances are someone has already some up with it.
I ran into this a lot, and that is why it is important to make sure that it is 100% original, but keep in positive attitude because you never know it may well be something new.

Keep up the good work, we need more creative magicians :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results