i created an effect but the method it´s not mine!!

May 21, 2011
Bedford, England
I don't know much about the situation since your description is very brief. I'm not sure whether or not you're using bits of the method or whether or not your effect is an exact duplicate of the other guys trick.

Give us a bit more detail and I will try to resolve your ordeal.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I would contact the artist because he or she might have already traveled down that road and can give you pointers, plus its ethically right.
It's always better to ask first.

It also probably depends on what the method is. For example: If you say it uses invisible elastic...then you are probably fine but if you say that the method involves an Asher Twist or a move from another artist...then you need to contact them.

I would also probably PM Lyle Borders, myself, or JB and see if your effect is in fact new or not, or go ahead and film it and upload it to the Wire and see what happens. It is hard to tell.

MichaelJames

theory11 artist
Sep 3, 2007
United States
Getting permission from the original creator will definitely help your effect get approved. When we review a submission, we judge it on three main criteria: originality, creativity, and quality. If the method isn't original, but we see you got permission from the creator, we'll take that into consideration.

-MJ

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results