Luke Jermay - Buyer Beware

Status
Not open for further replies.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Those of you who subscribe to MAGIC magazine there is an entire section on Luke, but I have not read it yet because I am reading the Jason England article right now on playing cards.

Aug 11, 2010
I just want to let you guys know that i emailed Luke 3 days ago about my $2000, and have not gotten a reply. I sent a message to both of his email accounts asking for a refund which i rightfully deserve, but he doesnt have the care to reply - let alone give the refund!

I find it sad that we get told theres going to be good news yet nothing seems to happen. I find it as equally sad that he is still being supported and a part of theory11.

Dan

Nov 8, 2007
I just want to let you guys know that i emailed Luke 3 days ago about my $2000, and have not gotten a reply. I sent a message to both of his email accounts asking for a refund which i rightfully deserve, but he doesnt have the care to reply - let alone give the refund!

I find it sad that we get told theres going to be good news yet nothing seems to happen. I find it as equally sad that he is still being supported and a part of theory11.

Dan

That is very disappointing to hear, especially in a field that puts so much emphasis on ethics and anti-piracy in order to make sure the creators are given what they absolutely deserve for their creations. It's not often the situation is reversed though. Whether it's unpaying customers stealing from creators, or creators stealing from paying customers, it's very disappointing to hear about. That's $2,000 you could have used dozens of way to help you better your magic or your business. That's $2,000 you could have invested in business cards, a website, or to other creators that would have given you something of value for your money and actually helped you further yourself in your craft.

Doesn't seem at this point it's going to be resolved, but I hope it does.

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
I hear so many bad things about Luke that I wonder to myself, can't anyone report him?
Honestly, if I lost 2 grand from him, I'd contact someone about this scam artist at work.
Enough is enough.

May 31, 2008

Dan

If he ripped you off for two grand, you should really contact a lawyer.

Jun 10, 2010
That is what you call a true friend. When a guy comes on here and admits he had a hand in it (even though unwillingly) and offers you either a refund from his pocket or an e-book with a $20 dollar value.

Draven, you should photoshop a LOL cat into that picture.

Jun 10, 2010
Ahhh darnit Draven! I was so waiting for the LOLCAT! No worries, it will be up sooner or later when another thread is ready for it.

I'm looking into putting $200 aside for Photoshop CS5 - Student/teacher edition. If i can get that, i'll do it. I used to use photoshop all the time..

Sep 1, 2007
Ontario, Canada
To the guy that got scammed. I think you should be taking legal action. Obviously Luke Jermay thinks hes invincible so maybe the courts will think differently.

CalvinTan

Elite Member
Hello all. Rob Domenech here. I just want to off my deepest apologies for the missing $1.99 lecture notes from Luke Jermay. Please allow me to explain the situation.

Luke had asked if he could use my PayPal account as a way to get payments for these lecture notes because his account was shut down. I decided to help him out and gave him the okay. I had no idea that Luke would not send out these lecture notes and, frankly, I'm skeptical if they even exist! With Luke's shady past, I should have known better, but the $1.99 price tag had me fooled. Unfortunately, after the money was transferred to my PayPal account, Luke had asked for the funds to be sent to him via Western Union, which I did, only to later find out that no one received anything.

So, here we are now. What I propose to do to rectify this situation is the following. Those of you that would like their money returned, please let me know and I'll gladly pay you back. However, please understand that this money is coming right out of my own pocket. The second option is that I can send you a copy of my "Tips & Tricks" e-book (a $20 value) and we'll call it even. This e-book contains some really good material on performing and even contains the pendulum routine that I co-wrote with Luke and it's the routine that Luke currently uses in his live stage show.

To say that I'm upset about all of this is an understatement. I'm enraged. Contact me at robdomenech@gmail.com (I probably won't be checking this forum, so please send me an email) and send me a copy of your PayPal receipt and let me know if you want a refund or my e-book.

-rob

I e-mailed Luke at the e-mail address that JB provided Friday 8/13/2010. It's only been 5 days since then so I don't think an appropriate amount of time has passed to make any judgement calls on this yet. Let's wait 30 days and see what happens.

I got the above E-mail from Rob yesterday. All I can say is thank you Rob for coming here and telling your side of the story. I don't think it's fair that you would have to pay out of your pocket for what happened. From what you are saying, no one even received the lecture notes promised. This is contradictory to what Luke said in his e-mail to JB stating that some people did not receive the notes because some of the e-mails bounced back.

That's all the news from my end so far.

Sep 4, 2007
Kansas City
@ the $2000 scammed guy. Contact your local police department who will contact the FBI. It is wire fraud and grand larceny. Which is a felony. I doubt they will extradite him, but he won't be coming back to the US as his passport will be flagged. Make sure you have your ducks in a row or you'll end up like Blago and get convicted of lying to the FBI. :)

May 9, 2008
What would you expect JB to do? I think he's done all that he can. There's not much you can do in terms of legal action, as he's in the UK, and I'm not sure if he's a US citizen.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Guys, we can talk and talk and talk and talk all we want about this, but face it, Luke probably isn't going to respond unless he gives us an excuse. All JB can do is tell Luke about the complaints. Until Luke solves this himself, we pretty much have no say in this. Pretty much all we can do is wait.

Sep 4, 2007
Kansas City
The dood that got hosed for 2 grand can go to the police. It doesn't have anything to do with T11, JB or anything. It is a product or service that was promised and not delivered. The guy has legal recourse.

Just because he's not a US citizen doesn't matter. If you go to the UK and mug someone you're still going to get in legal trouble. They may just send you back to the US, but you won't be going back to the UK ever. Now, mugging is a minor crime.. but a felony in the US is not. You lose all sorts of rights and privileges.

If you don't contact the police after getting ripped for 2 grand you're just silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results