Mentalism / Hypnosis

Sep 1, 2007
Ok, so this field REALLY interests me, and I think I can do a lot with it, but where do I start, I've already found some books I want to purchase on the subjects, but where else? I know there's some great stuff out there, I want to learn how the brain works, techniques to hypnotize, and mental forces to get people to think of things with just subtle movements or gestures, things like that, I want to take (for lack of better terms) "magic" to "sorcery"

in a way, basically stop using cards and coins, and start using everyday things for miracles, and this plays a huge role

~Beans

Sep 4, 2007
Kansas City
13 Steps to Mentalism
Anything by Banachek
The Mind Mysteries Series by Osterlind
22 Blows to the Head - Jay Sankey

These are a fantastic place to start.

Sep 2, 2007
Pretty much anything by Luke Jermay is a huge asset.

Also Derren Brown's Pure Effect has a couple of verbal card forces to play with.

Aug 31, 2007
Hartford, CT
As a stage hypnotist, I can recommend a great book, and give you some pointers.

The New Encyclopedia of Stage Hypnotism by Ormond McGill

A very good book for beginner stage hypnotists.

And remember that hypnotism is all concentration, trust and desire. Not on your part, but on the subject's part. Once you realize that you are not actually controlling someone, but kind of guiding them, you'll have the right idea.

Any further advice, feel free to pm me. Always willing to help.

Sep 1, 2007
Thanks guys

Now I hear a lot about Luke Jeremy, where's the best place to buy his stuff from if I live in San Diego (California) (like sites in the US)

I've never gotten anything from him, does he do like Derren Brown type stuff or Banacheck stuff or what?

~Beans

Sep 2, 2007
Banachek's Psychokinetic Silverware and his Pre-Thoughts are very good. 13 Steps to Mentalism, and PSI Volumes 1 and 2 are also very good.

Cheers,
JTM

Basically what everyone else is saying, luke jermay and derren brown. Also look at some knepper stuff. As for the phycological forces, watch some derren brown videos of him doing it and watch his hands and really listen to what hes saying. I make people think of the 3 of diomonds and the jack of spades all the time. As for hypnosis, once again, look at some videos, listen to what they say and how they say it as well as how their moving. Take some notes on it if you want. Them who knows, you might be able to create a way of your own

Aug 31, 2007
Lacey,Washington
Becareful what you buy from Kenton, half of his stuff is good half is bad.

Beans I was just like you at a point, now I practice in BOTH fields because oppurtunities come with both. There can be a time for both things.

You can read my thread " I was bored last night" and see what I did by learning the fundamentals. I have never done hypnosis, things more suggestive. On my brothers friend I did the hold your fingers behind your back with phases by learning the basics,

Start

13 steps to mentalism

Anneman's

( Here it gets more advanced)

Banachek's psych sub. vol 1 and 2 (vol 1 should be in print sometime, I don't know when)

Derren Brown's Devil Picturebook (You'll be able to do mental forces with ease with practice)

Luke Jermay's Coral Fang, 7 deceptions, and building blocks

Then luke jermay's Skullduggery.

additionial very nice options to ADD to those above (not replace)

Banachek's PK time
Banachek's PSI volumes
Psychophysiological Thought Reading Book by Banachek
Pk touch
Richard Osterlind's material
and there are a ton of other material.

Sep 1, 2007
Blindside,

I don't want to give up cards, I love them, but I would love to move up to something I enjoy more than cards, but I won't give them up.

Just times when your out without cards on the streets and you want to do something REALLY hard hitting, I have nothing... I want mental stuff because you can do most of it naked.

~Beans

Sep 2, 2007
hey Ian, nice to see you on here!

Yes, MtM and I are making a DVD and such, but that's not going to be for a while.

Until then, we (Ian and I) have a few suggestions. I started with a leap of faith, I bought building blocks, and went from there. I built upon building blocks, hence the name. Now, it really depends on what you want. You want Brown/Jermay? Or bannachek? or do you want "hypnosis". I do mixes between hypnosis and jermay esque stuff. Here's a list of essetial books for hardcore suggestion.

Anything by Jerrmay

Pure Effect by Derren brown (get this no matter what, I'd pay $1000's for it)
Absolute magic by derren brown(same as above)
Kentonisim by Kenton Knepper
and anything on cold reading/psycogly

Get a good understanding of how the mind works, even if it's just my making observations about people.
Look at what a suggestion really is. How it effects people every day.

For bannachek stuff?

Well, I don't like his stuff, I like completly impromptu things, like mind punch shadows (my own creation) and things that really screw wiht minds.

But, in all honesty, get PSY series #4

Aug 31, 2007
I hear that phycological suttilies by banachek is good

but sold out, im looking for a copy on ebay,

13 steps to mentalisum
explicit content
psi series
mind mysteries 1-4
loops ( if you know how to do hair)
and self talught things, like im sure somone made this up already but i do a two person telepathy thing with shadows.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results