Saturday Night Contest - Daniel Garcia Roundtable

Jul 18, 2010
Hey Daniel,

I have never purchased any of your DVDs (primarily because I'm tight on money), however I love your work and know some of your effects. I have learned through friends and various internet sites (youtube being the main one). I'm not saying I condone this behavior but my question is, do you think magic is being destroyed, and to what extent, by this digital age?

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
1.) How can I overcome shakiness? I get really nervous when I perform...I love to perform, but even when I am performing my polished material (which I don't have much of) I still get really shaky.

2.) How do you get passed people begging you to do tricks and putting you on the spot when you don't want to be?

I did pressure once for my class, and they kept begging me to do it again. I'm not one that will perform effects for the same people, especially if they are specifically asking for it, just because I know they will be watching way more intensly, and really looking for a hint. Anyhow, I wouldn't bring balloons to school so I couldn't do it. Well yesterday a guy decides to skip the class before, and go buy balloons. The whole class was watching me and I was on the spot and had to perform it. I got super shaky (enough to where one girl noticed and said something about it) but I did it, and everyone was floored.

EDIT: 3.) Also, I think I remember hearing from somewhere that you live in Houston. If so, I'm close by! Where could I see you perform at??

Last edited by a moderator:

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Hi guys,

Great questions tonight! We received 150+ questions in three short hours. DG only had limited time this evening to record our session, so we made the most of it and tried to get to as many questions as possible in a 20 to 25 minute time span. If the podcast seems a bit more intense and rapid than usual - it is! We wanted to make things efficient and get to as many questions as we could.

You can listen to the podcast now here on our roundtable discussions page. If you have trouble playing it, you can click the MP3 button to download the MP3 of tonight's event. Tonight's prize goes to a new member - Lex13 - for his question submitted here.

englandzilon

Elite Member
Sep 18, 2010
Hi guys,

Great questions tonight! We received 150+ questions in three short hours. DG only had limited time this evening to record our session, so we made the most of it and tried to get to as many questions as possible in a 20 to 25 minute time span. If the podcast seems a bit more intense and rapid than usual - it is! We wanted to make things efficient and get to as many questions as we could.

You can listen to the podcast now here on our roundtable discussions page. If you have trouble playing it, you can click the MP3 button to download the MP3 of tonight's event. Tonight's prize goes to a new member - Lex13 - for his question submitted here.

JB.when you normally post the saturday night contest.i was awake till 2.30am in singapore and wanted to join a saturday night contest.but i think after that i need sleep.so now is 12.35 so i miss it.arghh..

cheers.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results