Saturday Night Contest - Demonstration of the Mind

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Fantastic submissions this week - I had a great time watching all of them. Fantastic. This was no easy challenge - you were tasked with presenting a mentalism effect to a real audience, requiring presentation, polish, confidence, and smooth delivery. Mentalism in particular requires you to be one step ahead of your audience (sometimes literally) - so everyone who entered this contest deserves a great deal of praise.

I reviewed each submission, and narrowing down the list was quite difficult. In the end, there were two submissions that stood out to me most. The first of which - taking home the grand prize this weekend - is Pete Pridanonda - for his video posted here. Pete's video showed great presentation, poise, confidence, and polish. The effect was deceptive, and the audience (a big group!) reacted strongly as a result. Congrats to Pete for the win!

Our second place prize this weekend goes to Luis Vega for his mental image replication routine shown here. For an English explanation of Vega's routine, see his post here - but the performance itself demonstrates how magic and mentalism can transcend the boundaries of language. Well done.

To our winners, and everyone else who participated in this event this weekend - THANK YOU. Keep practicing, keep performing, and stay tuned for powerhouse mentalism release by Andy Nyman at the end of the month: The Code. After 18 months in the making, it's well worth the wait.

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
Frick yeah!!! I am so happy!! I would have love to take home the 1st prize..but I was aware it was a difficult task for the language, however while I had some others routines on mentalism in the show...this one in particular was "visual" enough to be understood by non-spanish talking people!!

Thank you!! I had a lot of fun..and I am really happy and proud of myself!!

Pete Pridanonda

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2009
Wow!!! When I saw that I won the grand prize, I literally burst into tears of joy. Thank you very much to all the staff in the theory11 team; I had a lot of fun performing as well as participating in the contest. Congratulations to Luis Vega as well, you did a great job!
I also enjoy watching all of the entries, many of you inspires me :)

Andrei

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Las Vegas
www.youtube.com
Wow!!! When I saw that I won the grand prize, I literally burst into tears of joy. Thank you very much to all the staff in the theory11 team; I had a lot of fun performing as well as participating in the contest. Congratulations to Luis Vega as well, you did a great job!
I also enjoy watching all of the entries, many of you inspires me :)

You guys rock! Petecardmagic21, congrats on a job well done! Very entertaining performance, I thoroughly enjoyed watching it!

Dec 5, 2009
Congrats to the winners! Bravo! Sorry I wasn't able to enter this week (family event). Pete, your routine totally fooled me.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results