Saturday Night Contest - Race to the Finish

Apr 6, 2011
Lansing, MI
Theory11 Moderators and Staff, I am sorry but this is just getting ridiculous. You have such a unique forum and opportunity here to really motivate kids to be innovative and push their limits. It just seems like such a waste when you do all of these contest that come down to raw luck. Take advantage of the real potential you guys have here.

yyyyyyy

Elite Member
Apr 7, 2012
Theory11 Moderators and Staff, I am sorry but this is just getting ridiculous. You have such a unique forum and opportunity here to really motivate kids to be innovative and push their limits. It just seems like such a waste when you do all of these contest that come down to raw luck. Take advantage of the real potential you guys have here.

While I agree with you, I think you should look at it from a different perspective. I don't think you're giving Theory 11 enough credit for putting on a contest every week at no cost to any of us. Sure, you'll have your "luck of the draw" based contests. It's not like every week can be a Burt Wonderstone competition. Try coming up with an original idea for a contest that appeals to everyone. Now trying doing that every single week without getting repetitive. It isn't easy and Theory 11 does pretty damn well with appealing to as many people as they can. Is there room for improvement, sure. I understand your frustration, but hey. This IS supposed to be fun. There's always next week.

Sep 1, 2007
While I agree with you, I think you should look at it from a different perspective. I don't think you're giving Theory 11 enough credit for putting on a contest every week at no cost to any of us. Sure, you'll have your "luck of the draw" based contests. It's not like every week can be a Burt Wonderstone competition. Try coming up with an original idea for a contest that appeals to everyone. Now trying doing that every single week without getting repetitive. It isn't easy and Theory 11 does pretty damn well with appealing to as many people as they can. Is there room for improvement, sure. I understand your frustration, but hey. This IS supposed to be fun. There's always next week.

Then maybe weekly isn't the way to go. Coming up with 12 contests a year is easier than coming up with 52 in the same time frame.

Now can we please lock this? It's over and we've still got people who read the first post and then hope that if they post anyway they might still be able to win, regardless of how much time has actually passed. I'm going to keep doing this until it becomes standard operating procedure.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results