Your cart is empty.
Now viewing your cart.
Designed in the United Kingdom - with an incredible, illuminating special edition.More Details
Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Magic Forum' started by Shanku, Sep 3, 2007.
What are your top 5 favourite, hard hitting, impromptu effects?
These I like:
Time Machine by Steve Freeman - easy hard hitter
Impromptu Rising Card - fools magicians
Ambitious Card Routine - has become a classic, great trick
Penalty Box - One of my favourite Sankey trick
3 card monte - New York, here I come!
1. Biddle Trick - Simple Trick. Magic happens in their hands and transposition happens from your hands to theirs
2. a logical lesson - this requires some set-up. However, the reaction is better than all the other tricks that i have stated
3. Influential (original trick) - 4 jokers are shown. one visually changes into their card. Next, the other three are placed into the spectators hand where they change to a four of a kind. You are left absolutely clean. The deck is given to the spectator to hold throughout. No gimmicks are used. However, there is small set-up involved and 4 jokers are needed to make it look realistic
4. 2 card monte - Again magic happens in their hands and ends unexpectedly. (requires little set-up)
5. Among the discards - nice 'sandwich' trick where the sandwich occurs at unexpected place
Subway - Bucks
Queens - Bucks
Ambitious - Lots of people
Biddle - Elmer Biddle
Back In Time - Sankey I think
Reset (Repro Retro) - Bebel
Jacksyna(ps)ces - Ernest Earick
Sandwich Routine - Robbie Moreland
Mary Kate & Ashley - Brett Bishop
Invisible Palm - Larry Jennings
Edited: thanks socter
Elmer Biddle invented the biddle trick. Originally named biddled across. Dick Ferguson also came up with the same trick and named it wow
Like He Sed, Haha
Here's a few from the "impromptu list" that I perform on a regular basis:
Asher Twist – Lee Asher
Easy Ace Estimation - Creator undefined to my knowledge
Repro Retro - Bebel
Biddle Across Variation - Bebel
Everywhere & Nowhere - Bebel
Repro retro - Bebel.
Biddle across varation - Bebel.
Everywhere & nowhere - Bebel.
Impromptu 3 card monte also known as "color monte" - Bebel.
Sandwich routine - Me.
i only have one card trick that isn't impromptu and it uses a double facer, but i have so many that i couldn't list them but my #1 favorite is jumping gemini
I'll list 5 impromptu ones I like, but there are lots more
I'll name 5 that have not yet been mentioned so as to help get a greater variety of effects
Thought of cards across- Christopher Williams and Gary Jones's versions.
James Brown also has a great version called Brainless Travelers.
Card to pocket- James Browns version
Catalyst- Signed card transpo by Peter Harrison
Back to basics- Peter Harrison effect/routine
FU2- T&R by Sean Fields
impromptu i do either john bannons secrets and mysterys routine
less time somthing similar to james browns cards opener
James Brown's card opener is a great piece
I think most of his stuff from Still Fancy a Pot of Jam is great material
The Trick That Can't Be Explained - Dai Vernon
P.H. Invisible Palm - Paul Harris
Card to Mouth - Not sure of the certain version
Hedberg's Peak - Dan and Dave
Deja Vu - Dan and Dave
I'm really digging D&D's new Trilogy, good stuff.
Simple Switch P.H
Card to Pocket
coin matrix (using cards)
card under glass
invisible palm P.H.
I forgot Simple Switch! : (
|| sean ||
In no particular order
2.Dr. Daleys Last Trick
3. Biddle Trick
4. Ambitious Card
5. Invisible Palm
It's nice to know that someone uses this, I think it's great. The only downside for me is that I personally I don't have the guts to perform it without looking an idiot; my ideal routines to use are ones that are "scripted" (as are most).
Anyway, good choice man,
Whack your PACK!!!
Lennart Green's Card Matrix.
card matrix? where is that taught? Is it on his Green Magic series?