Underground Mentalism

Sep 1, 2007
Philippines
What are good resources for learning hard-hitting, underground, psychological mentalism effects and techniques and where can they be found? I want to stretch my knowledge to the world of mentalism and I would like to know what are the best resources out there.
BTW, I put the bizzare and totally strange effects under the classification of mentalism as well; not just mind reading and predictions.

Sep 1, 2007
What are good resources for learning hard-hitting, underground, psychological mentalism effects and techniques and where can they be found? I want to stretch my knowledge to the world of mentalism and I would like to know what are the best resources out there.
BTW, I put the bizzare and totally strange effects under the classification of mentalism as well; not just mind reading and predictions.

Real underground magic, or mental magic how you put it. Can only be learned from the creators, in other words, its not in print, and only a few people know about it. Like the creators friends. I have some things, that you would consider underground mental magic if you wanted to. And ideas, but I don't know you, so I would not share them with you.

Your best bet is to get to know people that do mentalism, and when they know they can trust you, they may share some of there ideas with you. But thats what underground is, its a pain to get to.

Now if you want books, of stuff anyone could buy, That you can do, but this underground stuff is not like that, other wise it would not be underground. What is your skill level in mentalism? Maybe I can help you more that way.

Sep 1, 2007
To be honest, I hardly know anything.:confused: I was more of a card guy.

lol, ok.

To start off, people are going to tell you to get 13 steps to mentalism. I found the book boring, and went right into luke jermays stuff. However, this is not the best idea.

Start off with 13 steps, it teaches you a lot of things you need to know. My mind is blank at the moment, someone else will come in here and be a lot more help then I am I'm sure. I'm not really sure what books to start off with in the beginning, because I went right into the more advanced stuff because I'm full of it. And I failed, took me long because of it. but yea, 13 steps is a given.

Sep 1, 2007
There are a lot of underground mentalists. check out Jack galloway's material (jimclass.com) and Paolo Cavalli, patrick redford, Greg Arce, John Riggs

Do a google search on these and you'll find a lot of material

Sep 1, 2007
UK
Hey

You def won't be able to just go and purchase the more underground stuff as these are the things that are unreleased and that the creators have only shared with those they trust etc.

As someone mentioned above, Patrick Redford, Paolo Cavalli and Jack Galloway are three you could check out.
Greg Arce also but I honestly have not liked his material thus far, it's good... but not for me.
Daniel Young, Scott Xavier, Alan Strydom, Paul Brook, Kennedy (Ken Dyne... not sure of actual name though) and Looch are a few more.

Since you have no real knowledge of material in this genre, you should maybe learn the basics before moving on to the more advanced material.
But that's not to say you have to as ive never read 13 steps etc, but many consider it to be very good and basically a must read.

Jon Thompson has the Naked Mentalism book which is all about anywhere anytime no props mentalism.

Anyway, that's enough for now ;)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results