Which Annotated Erdnase?

Ortiz's The Annotated Erdnase, has more historical content than Vernon's Revelation/Revelations. Vernon's annotations are more about the move and its uses. Neither text is better than the other. Ortiz is recognized as one of the foremost experts on crooked card practices, but Vernon was one of the most influential magicians in modern times and had all of Erdnase memorized when he was 13. Each has a section on newer moves and variations. They both have extraordinary content, so the choice is yours. If you are going to seriously study The Expert at the Card Table, then I would definitely recommend both.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
I don't know about such things but I have a pdf version of The expert at the card table. Its absolutely free for the expert at the card table books website. google it and you should find it. If you'd like a hard copy dan and dave and daniel madison sell different versions of the hard copies.

You know what i think they stopped letting you download it. it used to be free at the conjuring arts center site

Last edited by a moderator:
May 2, 2010
New York, New York
I would get both if your not on a budget or get both down the line for much of the same reasons Elliot did. The essays in the Ortiz verson is just wonderful plus goes into the moves as well with Ortiz's takes and tips.

Vernon's version is fantastic too. First off the construction of the book is very nice. The book goes into great detail about Vernon and his love with Erdnase, gambling, the woes of trying to write the first book Revelations and goes into detail of the new material that was added into the book.

Mike

Nov 27, 2009
I don't know about such things but I have a pdf version of The expert at the card table. Its absolutely free for the expert at the card table books website. google it and you should find it. If you'd like a hard copy dan and dave and daniel madison sell different versions of the hard copies.

You know what i think they stopped letting you download it. it used to be free at the conjuring arts center site

Erdnase is still available for free from the Learned Pig Project. I got my Erdnase from there, though I'm still going to buy a physical book because those are much easier to reference in a lot of cases.

Feb 4, 2008
I could send you my old copy. It has some of my own thoughts. Such as under the SWE shift...."What the hell is he talking about?....better get Chris Kenner's download."

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results