Zach Mueller quit theory11?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 26, 2013
Zach Mueller quit theory11!

Hey guys, thought I'd share this with you all. Zach Mueller quit Theory 11! You can watch his ZLog talking about it here~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtvAVXsyrjc I am a bit confused, in a previous thread someone asked about Zach, JB replied saying "Zach is working on another (semi-secret) theory11 webshow right now, coming soon to a YouTube near you. Stay tuned!" You can see that post here~ http://forums.theory11.com/showthread.php?41301-Did-Zach-stop-Expose&p=423563#post423563 The reason I am confused is because Zach made no mention of the "semi-secret" webshow in his new ZLog.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
Hey guys!

As Zach mentioned in his video, there's no juicy gossip or bad blood here. Wishing Zach all the best on his upcoming DVD project with Biz and everything else he does. Yes, to clarify, we were brainstorming previously (as JB mentioned several weeks back) on another webshow concept, but that is not currently in development as Zach is focusing on his own projects right now (which is totally cool). Plans changed, as they often do, for Zach and his projects, and for theory11 and these webshows. There are still plenty of exciting things in the works from Zach, and there are lots of things in the works from theory11 too.

Onward and upward (for everyone)!

// L

Andrei

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Las Vegas
www.youtube.com
Zach is great, super talented. Loved working with him, one of the few people who makes difficult knuckle busting moves look beautiful and executed with ease. Yep, we had a web show in the works but as Lyle said, plans changed and Zach decided to pursue personal interests which is totally admirable. Very excited to see what the future holds for both Zach and theory11!

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Hey guys, I spoke with Zach for about two hours today via phone, and I just wanted to chime in and clear the air on a few things. A few important things to know before I say more: I absolutely love Zach Mueller. I love everyone on our team like a family, and Zach is certainly no exception. I've known him since he was 13 or 14 years old, when I invited him and his dad to California Pizza Kitchen with myself and Dan White and our team in Los Angeles. Zach was then - and is now more than ever - one of the most talented young magicians alive today. He's a friend, and he's been a close collaborator for over three years now. I can't restate enough how much I love, respect, and admire him. He's the real deal.

I also wanted to reiterate that while he's no longer hosting Expose, we remain friends, and I support him in everything he does. He's pursuing his own independent projects right now, but I wouldn't hesitate a moment to work with him again as we continue to create and innovate in the months and years ahead. To be totally transparent, our original plan was to collaborate on other ventures apart from Expose immediately - that's what we mentioned previously, and we had every intention to do so at the time.

For a number of reasons (nothing exciting or dramatic), those other projects didn't come to fruition (at least not yet), which left many of you - and even Zach - wondering what happened, without much explanation from us. That wasn't my intention at all, so especially after I spoke with Zach via phone today, I wanted to clear the air, apologize, and reiterate that I (and we at theory11) have nothing but love for Zach, and nothing but respect for his work in and out of theory11. He's an incredible talent, and we remain friends today. Onward and upwards for, and from, all of us.

AHG

Aug 23, 2012
ZM claims in his Zlog that JB informed him, post ZM's European jaunt, that Expose was working just as well without him - isn't it quite clear that that is not the case? No offense to anyone currently featured in it, but there hasn't been the same chemistry or level of energy or interest in the Z-less shows.

Jan 13, 2013
"It all felt kinda weird..."

"It all felt kinda weird..." *ehem*
When something feels weird, it is to say something wasn't comfortable about it. If there are no hard feelings, that is obviously one sided from watching Zach's video.
If Theory 11 sees no difference without Zach, I am starting to doubt their other taste in things.
I'd be interested in seeing a graph of viewed episodes before and after Z.M.-Keith

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Hey Keith, while I'm reluctant to air private matters in public, Zach's video was recorded prior to our long discussion earlier this week, and prior to my post above. My post was intended to clear the air, but to make one thing clear: that decision had absolutely nothing to do with "not seeing a difference" or not loving Zach - which I did and continue to. I have nothing but respect and admiration for Zach, and from the beginning, no one has been a bigger fan of him than me. Remember this guy (yours truly) tapped him for The Insider way back when! I'm proud of everything we accomplished together, and his work for and with theory11. I support him as he pursues his own projects, and we remain friends today and - I'm very confident - long into the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results