The Incredible Burt Wonderstone Official Contest Rules
CONTEST VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PARTICIPANTS MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER, OR SUBMITTED BY A PARENT OR OTHERWISE LEGAL GUARDIAN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS CONTEST IS A SKILL-BASED CONTEST, AND AS SUCH, THE WINNERS WILL NOT BE SELECTED RANDOMLY, BUT ON THE BASIS OF THE ESTABLISHED JUDGING CRITERIA.
Eligibility: The Incredible Burt Wonderstone x theory11 Contest (“Contest”) is open only to legal residents who are physically located in one (1) of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia, Canada, the United Kingdom, or Singapore only who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. theory11.com llc (“Sponsor”), Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc., and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, “Contest Entities”), directors, employees, officers, and each of their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household (whether legally related or not) of each are not eligible to enter or win. By participating in the Contest, each entrant represents and warrants that he/she meets these eligibility requirements and has read, accepts and will comply with these Official Rules and each entrant acknowledges that any violation thereof may disqualify entrant from the Contest.
Deadlines: The Contest begins on March 1, 2013 at 11:00am EST, and the deadline for submissions is on March 15, 2013 at 11:00am EST (the "Submission Period"). Entries submitted to this Contest before or after the Submission Period will be disqualified.
How to Enter: As a skill-based video contest, each participant must create, film, edit, and upload his/her sixty second (00:60) video submission (showcasing magic or cardistry skills) to the official entry form on the Sponsor's website, www.theory11.com (“Website”), and complete the entry form with all required information. There is no cost to upload a video submission, and videos can be uploaded as Quicktime, WMV, MOV, MP4, or M4V video formats. All video submissions must be uploaded before the Contest deadline of March 15, 2013 at 11:00am EST. Limit one (1) entry per person during the Submission Period.
In the event of a dispute as to the identity of any entrant who submits an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the holder of the email account or IP address, at Sponsor's election, from which it was sent. The “account holder” is the person assigned an email address or service by the organization responsible for assigning address for the domain associated with the submitted address. Sponsor and affiliated entities are not responsible for lost, misdirected, misplaced, stolen, tampered with, deleted or invalid entries.
Intellectual Property Rights: With submission of your video entry, you certify that you own intellectual property rights to all content within your video, and that your video does not infringe the intellectual property rights of a third party.
Further, you certify that your video does not violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, criminal law, antidiscrimination or trade practices or fair trading laws); that your video is not defamatory, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing; that your video is not obscene and does not contain child pornography; that your video is not unnecessarily violent, hateful, or tortuous; that your video does not invade the privacy or publicity rights of any person, living or deceased; that your video does not reveal any personal information about another individual (address, phone number, etc.); and your video does not constitute or contain material that is adult in nature or harmful to persons under the age of 18 years; that your video does not contain viruses or other computer codes, files or programs designed to limit or destroy the functionality of other computer software or hardware; that your video would not create liability for Sponsor or cause Sponsor to lose (in whole or in part) the services of its ISP or other suppliers; and; that would not cause Sponsor to violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation by making it available on the Website.
Entry Guidelines and Ownership Rights:
- a) As a participant in this Contest, you may submit your video entry for consideration. You understand that Sponsor does not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to content you submit.
- b) You shall be solely responsible for your own content and the consequences of submitting and publishing your content on the Website. You affirm, represent, and warrant that you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to publish content you submit; and you license to Sponsor all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to such content for publication by Sponsor pursuant to these terms.
- c) For clarity, you retain all of your ownership rights in your content. However, by submitting content to Sponsor, you hereby grant Sponsor a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the content in connection with the Contest and Sponsor's (and its successors' and affiliates') business, including, without limitation, for promoting and redistributing part or all of your submission (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels. You also hereby grant each visitor of the Website a non-exclusive license to access your content through the website or other broadcast medium, and to use, reproduce, distribute, display and perform such content as permitted through the functionality of the Website and under these terms. The above licenses granted by you to Sponsor are perpetual and irrevocable.
- d) You further agree that content you submit to the Contest will not contain third party copyrighted material, or material that is subject to other third party proprietary rights, unless you have permission from the rightful owner of the material or you are otherwise legally entitled to post the material and to grant Sponsor all of the license rights granted herein.
- e) Sponsor does not endorse any content submitted to the Contest by any user or other licensor, or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and Sponsor expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with the content. Sponsor does not permit copyright infringing activities and infringement of intellectual property rights, and Sponsor will remove any content if properly notified that such content infringes on another's intellectual property rights. Sponsor reserves the right to remove any content, or disqualify any entry, without prior notice.
Prizes: On or about March 22, 2013 at 11:00am EST, the Contest winners will be announced based on review of all Contest entries by our judging panel and David Copperfield, subject to Mr. Copperfield's availability. Entries will be judged based on creative merit (33.3%), originality (33.3%), and overall ingenuity (33.3%). Sponsor will select three (3) winners:
- 1. The Grand Prize. One (1) winner will receive the following prize package, which includes: a phone call from David Copperfield announcing your win, five hundred (500) decks of theory11 playing cards (postage paid), a commemorative trophy, four (4) movie tickets to see the film "The Incredible Burt Wonderstone" in cinemas, and four (4) Front Row Tickets to see David Copperfield's show in Las Vegas at the MGM Grand Resort and Casino. Movie tickets will be purchased by Sponsor at a cinema local to the Grand Prize winner and must be redeemed within thirty (30) days of the winner notification. David Copperfield tickets may be redeemed at any date mutually agreed upon by the winner and Sponsor, provided that fifteen (15) days advanced notice is given within two (2) calendar years from the Contest end date (March 1, 2013) otherwise the David Copperfield tickets will be forfeited.
- 2. Second Place. One (1) winner will receive this second place distinction, and he or she shall receive 50 decks of theory11 playing cards (postage paid) and two (2) complimentary tickets to see the film "The Incredible Burt Wonderstone" at a cinema local to the Second Place winner, redeemable within thirty (30) days of winner notification.
- 3. Third Place. One (1) winner will receive this third place distinction, and shall receive two (2) complimentary tickets to see the film "The Incredible Burt Wonderstone" at a cinema local to the Third Place winner, redeemable within thirty (30) days of winner notification.
The call from David Copperfield in connection with the Grand Prize is subject to his availability and is subject to cancellation. If such individual is unable to make the phone call associated with the Grand Prize, Sponsor will make commercially reasonable efforts to replace such person with another celebrity guest. No compensation will be paid in lieu of a cancelation as this portion of the Grand Prize has no cash value. If, for whatever reason, the David Copperfield show associated with the Grand Prize is cancelled after the Grand Prize is awarded, Sponsor's liability for the Grand Prize is limited only to the non-event portions of the Grand Prize. No compensation will be paid in lieu of the cancelled show. The tickets to the show are subject in all respect to the terms and conditions set forth on the tickets and any requirements of the facility hosting the show. Seat locations will be determined by Sponsor.
All winners are solely responsible for any and all taxes, fees, or any additional costs, including, but not limited to: travel to and from Las Vegas, Nevada, hotel accommodations in Las Vegas, Nevada, travel to and from the theater, and theater concessions, that may be incurred in the process of obtaining or redeeming their prizes. Sponsor reserves the right to alter any portion of these Contest Official Rules or prizes at anytime.
The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of all prizes awarded in this Contest is $4,500 Dollars.
Waivers, Disclaimers, and Releases: By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor (including, without limitation, regarding qualification of entrants and prize winners and interpretation of these Official Rules). By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to release, discharge, indemnify, and hold harmless the Contest Entities from and against any and all claims arising out of or related to entrants' participation in the Contest and/or related to any prize.
List of Contest Winners/Official Rules Requests: To receive a list of winners, send a stamped self addressed envelope to: Contest Winners List, theory11, 3726 Las Vegas Blvd South, Suite 1906W, Las Vegas NV 89158. Please indicate which Contest winners list you are requesting. A winners list may also be posted on the Website for sixty (60) days after winners are selected. For a copy of these Official Rules, send a legal-size, self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Contest Official Rules, theory11, 3726 Las Vegas Blvd South, Suite 1906W, Las Vegas NV 89158 prior to the end of the Submission Period. Vermont residents may omit return postage with Official Rules requests.
Questions on this Contest or any specific prizes? Don't hesitate to contact the Sponsor's support team at www.theory11.com/support, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (800) 511-9484.
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. and its parents, affiliates and subsidiaries are not responsible for the promotion, administration or execution of this Contest.
The Incredible Burt Wonderstone © 2013 Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. All Rights Reserved.