As far as books go I have The Royal Road and Expert Card technique. I am horrid at the pass and palming which take away a lot of things I'm sure. I do have some time to find and practice some new material. I had thought about Blank Night by John Archer being something I can do. Also some sort of grand prediction style trick, maybe card to impossible location or something like that. As soon as I can start filming I will. I can see the advantages to it.
As the owner put it he wants the whole audience to see the effects but I have no stage and won't be farther than 15 feet away from them. It will be one or two 15 to 20 min sets between music acts and he knows I do not have professional experience. As soon as I can get something filmed I will. Thank you so much.
well here is the thing its a little bit more complicated than that. I have never done anything like this before and now have the opportunity. I am not sure how to come up with a routine for this gig. here are the details:
1. It is a café style restaurant with roughly 11 tables seating 4 each
2. It will be for business dinner parties.
3. Its not quite close up style but not on a stage, almost parlor magic
4. I don't have much knowledge outside of cards and have some time to learn whatever I may need to.
5. I know I was kind of jumping the gun but I couldn't pass up the chance.
6. I do not currently have the resources to film my performances
This is crazy I know but I am determined to make it work. I just really need some guideance