A Disease Only Magicians Get: OSD

I have recently found a disease that only magicians, cardists, or extreme card players can aquire. I call it... OSD. Let me get into the specifics now.

WHAT IS OSD AND WHAT DOES IT STAND FOR?

This disease is not harmful or even real for that matter. Well, I mean it's not diagnosed by doctors but it is a disease for me.

OSD stands for: Obsessive Shuffling Disorder. Many magicians I have found, will aquire this as you become more fond of using cards and they become part of your daily life.

OSD is simply when you feel the need to shuffle a deck of cards constantly. sometimes, when you sit on the couch and pull out some cards you begin to shuffle them even though South Park is on. You may also shuffle in school when you are reading. If you do not have a pack of cards then you feel the need to move your hands in a shuffling manner or your hands and fingers twitch uncontrolably.

SYMPTOMS

The symptoms of OSD are very, very, simple.

1:If you feel empty without a deck of cards. You may have it.
2:If you shuffle cards constantly. You may have it.
3: If you tell yourself to stop shuffling but you can't. You may have it.
4: If your fingers twitch after 5 minutes without cards. You may have it.
5: If you move your hands in a shuffling motion when you don't have cards. You may have it.

These are the symptoms. The stronger each symptom is the more likely you have it.

IS IT HARMFUL

No. OSD does no harm to you. Sure, if you are shuffling at an innapropriate time like during a math final then you may have an issue. Other than that it will not hurt you in the slightest. As a matter of fact, it may even help you with finger excersises and shuflling.

HOW TO STOP IT

This part of my thread is still being researched. I have tried many things to stop it. I have taped my hands to a table and they still twitch. I have tried not to think about cards, and then I wind up thinking about it more. I even have tried to fold my hands and not have a deck on me. I freak out when this happens. I will update this part when I find a cure, until then have fun shuffling.

let me hear your thoughts.

Dylan P.

Sep 20, 2007
Sad, but true. :(

I think somebody needs to make a fake prescription drug commercial for this! Maybe I will.

Oct 21, 2007
I was actually playing with cards during a Math SOL test, the proctors didn't seem to mind though. I think i may also be infected...:D

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
::If you are shuffling while reading this thread about OSD. You may have it.

*raises hand*

:)

thanks for the warning...I'll ask my doctor about it.

Oct 10, 2007
New Jersey
I learned coinroll so I can do it in school because cards aren't allowed. I definately have it.

I have OSD:confused:

Cards aren't allowed at my school either:(, so aren't ipots and phone but every students takes them, so I do the same with my deck
my teacher found me doing cuts at the back of the class, since then i been trying to teach him some cuts:p

Nov 28, 2007
D.C. Area
Oh man I just burst out in laughing after this. I don't think I have OSD hahahha but I do like shuffling in card games.

Feb 28, 2008
I definitely have it... luckily, my boss is fine with it. The only thing is when I'm at home and I want to work on some writing I end up shuffling instead of typing.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results