M5 Review

Oct 21, 2007
www.hi5.com
This is my review for the M5 System.

Pros:
Awsome reactions
Extremely easy to use
Endless possibilties
Brads Notes are really helpful (if you purchase frm E)

Cons:
A bit of a hassle to set up
Depending on what your wearing it can be a bit bulky
Pricey, but worth it
Must be really cautious

All in all, it is a great gimmick. You need to practice more on your presentation than the tricks. Be VERY careful with it... I had it it for about three weeks now, and about a week after I got it, I went to a Home Depot, and I forgot I had it on and... lets just say there were a lot of metal products. Not the best walk around gimmick. This really is a reaction machine.

timsilva

Elite Member
Nov 18, 2007
California
timsilva.com
I've always been tempted to buy the M5, but it just never seemed practical. A great alternative is Loops obviously, but the M5 is a completely different approach that might work better for some people.

Good pros & cons though, that is definitely what I thought it would be like. You are definitely right about the endless possiblites though ;)

Oct 21, 2007
www.hi5.com
I've always been tempted to buy the M5, but it just never seemed practical. A great alternative is Loops obviously, but the M5 is a completely different approach that might work better for some people.

Good pros & cons though, that is definitely what I thought it would be like. You are definitely right about the endless possiblites though ;)

Yeah, I prefer Loops more. Although the Vanishes you can do with it look so good.

Oct 10, 2007
New Jersey
This is my review for the M5 System.

Pros:
Awsome reactions
Extremely easy to use
Endless possibilties
Brads Notes are really helpful (if you purchase frm E)

Cons:
A bit of a hassle to set up
Depending on what your wearing it can be a bit bulky
Pricey, but worth it
Must be really cautious

All in all, it is a great gimmick. You need to practice more on your presentation than the tricks. Be VERY careful with it... I had it it for about three weeks now, and about a week after I got it, I went to a Home Depot, and I forgot I had it on and... lets just say there were a lot of metal products. Not the best walk around gimmick. This really is a reaction machine.

Yes be very careful.....I got mines about 1 moth already... and i have broken my laptop twice...lol good thing I had the guarantee.....
But leaving that detail out, Its great!

Apr 27, 2008
Not for me

I bought the M5 and was thinking since it stood for Micro it would be small and nice, when i opened that monster I was like what the hell. It was strong but the effects I could not get a great reaction when using it. Possibly more time towards it couldve helped but people always realized it was a magnet and I always brought up the trick when I saw a good oppurtunity. Oh well if u can use it and use it well congrats to u and good luck.

May 6, 2008
In my experience with the M5, it hits harder when you use it in a routine with other effects that don't require the M5. Simple coin sleight of hand moves and then using the m5 at the end to do a vanish that seems impossible. It is way too easy for someone to figure out how you did your m5 trick when you just do that trick with no build up at all. This advice is for stand-up magic with the m5 on your wrist. If you sit at a table, use your leg.

Oct 8, 2007
I have bought an M5 once but I traded it for other items after a few months of storage in my drawers. I found it a bit bulky and not really suited for my needs as of now.

I have a question though. Can you take the M5 to a cutter and have it cut or smashed into smaller pieces, thus making it less bulky? Like five little M1's, or ten M.5's. I'd substitute a little power for practicality and easier handling.

Oct 8, 2007
Of course.

Still, is it possible to "reduce the size" in exchange for power. If so, how do you go about doing that?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results