Fan Control

Sep 3, 2007
Ok, i just saw the little clip for "Fan Control" and i think it looks awesome.
If it happens exactly how he says it does, this is one killer control.
But my question is.... How hard is this? Are there master slights involved? or is it just a really ingenious secret.
Also I would like your thoughts on this control.
Thanks

thexcheat

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
I dont have it cus I cant tell you.. But I think I know how its done, so if its done the way I think.. The method is old, but simple and effective.. spectators can shuffle the deck cut it, whatever they want, and can control it wherever you want.. It isnt difficult, so if you like it buy it ;)

Aris

Sep 22, 2007
On the other hand i do own this control. And it replaced me 2 other main controls. It is great and two answer your question it is the easiest most hard hitting control i have yet to find....... O and theres no huge slights.

Sep 1, 2007
LOL, you know, there was a discussion in Genii magazine a little while back about what a joke it was what people would pay for nowadays. IIRC it was on the review actually for something called the "breather" card .

the reviewer joked that with a bunch of his friends at a brick-and-mortar magic shop, they put out a product in their glass display case that was, get this, a crimped card. with the ad "use this special card to locate anything!" of course it was just a regular bicycle card with a corner bent.

and the kicker, they said someone actually bought it from the magic shop for $5 !

now, the story comes full circle only we are paying online... still, the saying goes, a fool and his money are soon parted... what the young n00bs would REALLY get their value out of, is picking up one of the classics such as "royal road to card magic" or "card college" etc...

Sep 1, 2007
Definitely no huge sleights, it's really easy to do. You need to be able to fan the cards and cut the deck. That's pretty much it.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Check out my review, if you want to know a little more about it.

now, the story comes full circle only we are paying online... still, the saying goes, a fool and his money are soon parted... what the young n00bs would REALLY get their value out of, is picking up one of the classics such as "royal road to card magic" or "card college" etc...

I concur, but I still buy 1on1s. And guess what I started with and worked out of exclusively for three whole years before I discovered the "rest" of the magic world? The Practical Encyclopedia of Magic (a "compacted" version of The Complete Course in Magic) and The Royal Road to Card Magic. So I have all my bases covered, but I still like to play around with some of the stuff from here. Five Speed, for example, is great, and fooled the heck out of me.

Sep 3, 2007
Also does this effect use a principle that everyone knows?
Or is it something original, and different.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Actually, theory11 can teach any method they choose. Even if it is a previous published method. It would be highly unethical, but perfectly legal. And to thexcheat- you will have come across both things you need to do for this before, but not together like this.

Sep 1, 2007
how ethical is it to charge noobs five bucks to tell them to ...?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 20, 2007
Joplin, Mo., USA
As ethical as charging for a technique thats not original.

If the video was simply a demonstration of the secret, then you'd have a point.

But magic training vids on T11, E and other sites (good ones, anyway) train on much, much more. Take the fan control. Paschall doesn't just explain how the trick works. He demonstrates his technique, his performance and progressions based on his experience.

I had a suspicion how it was done. I bought it to see if I was right, and I was. And I'm very pleased with my purchase, because it saved me the hassle of reinventing the wheel.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results