How did Theory11 come about?

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
I've been wondering this for awhile. Who started the idea of Theory11?

How did all the artists (5 at the time) come together and say that their going to do something different?

What was it that sparked the idea of Theory11? (What made T11 happen)
Did something happen that was "the last straw"? And you guys decided, "Enough is enough"?

I've seen the video on the main page countless times, and it still sends chills down my spine at the end.

Also, was there an artist that you guys asked to join, and they turned you down?
These questions have been on my mind from time to time.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
They were basically on their knees begging me to become an artist, but all my gigs around the world prohibited that. Maybe someday, though. :D

Yes, that was a joke...

Apr 4, 2008
They were basically on their knees begging me to become an artist, but all my gigs around the world prohibited that. Maybe someday, though. :D

Yes, that was a joke...

I get it! Your implying that its you that they wanted!

D

Deleted member 2755

I've been wondering this for awhile. Who started the idea of Theory11?

How did all the artists (5 at the time) come together and say that their going to do something different?

What was it that sparked the idea of Theory11? (What made T11 happen)
Did something happen that was "the last straw"? And you guys decided, "Enough is enough"?

I've seen the video on the main page countless times, and it still sends chills down my spine at the end.

Also, was there an artist that you guys asked to join, and they turned you down?
These questions have been on my mind from time to time.

1. I see nothing different here than from E other than a looser forum. ;)

2. I can't really say what sparked the idea for T11 because I'm not one of the artists.

3. Why? :p

4. Criss Angel and Adjones

-Doug

Sep 1, 2007
It was unicorns, obviously.

Actually, that's a good question. I too would like this information.

Dec 2, 2007
1. I see nothing different here than from E other than a looser forum. ;)

-Doug
I lurk a lot on different forums, and I don't want to sound like a fanboy; but really? You can't see anything different? You might need to get your glasses checked.

How about a team of the creators I respect most in this industry, actually working together, and actually working to advance this artform and industry? How about some of the best minds in this artform releasing individual instructional download videos every single WEEK. How about a team that actually listens and cares about what we think.

No other site has ever done that with a team lead directly by artists. Don't take that for granted - more than anything, that vision is the best thing about this site.

Thats just my two cents, take it for what its worth.

DMM

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
How about a team of the creators I respect most in this industry, actually working together, and actually working to advance this artform and industry? How about some of the best minds in this artform releasing individual instructional download videos every single WEEK. How about a team that actually listens and cares about what we think.

No other site has ever done that with a team lead directly by artists. Don't take that for granted - more than anything, that vision is the best thing about this site.

Thats just my two cents, take it for what its worth.

DMM

Well put! I think a lot of people forget that fact. Maybe they need to go watch the video on the main page again.

I wanna bump this thread, hoping to see if we can get 1 of the artists to answer my original question. We kinda got off topic.
Here's for hoping . . . .
*click*

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results