A Great Tip

Dec 5, 2007
New York City
Hey guys i was reading effective card magic by Bill Simon and read about this great way of practising or something like that and i just thought i would be nice to share it. I have found that my magic is really improving since i started to used this technique the technique is mainly applied to new effects but it works fines with old ones two(when i said new and old effects i mean the new effects that you are working on and old the effects that you already have some time working with)upright i hope you still with me the theory is that if you do the effect without using any moves just to see the way the spectators are going to see you and how well you actually perform the moves compared to the natural moves that they supposed to imitate so you could see how natural it looks compared to what they supposed to imitate i know is hard to understand but i would give you some examples.

ex:for the double lift just flip over one card and observed how you turn over one card try to add this way of practising to tricks two no only sleights.

PS:sorry for the bad English:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
I've actually heard this one before, but it's a really great tip. In practice, the magician should ask himself: If there was no magic happening, would the movements still be entertaining to watch?

The way I think about this is in terms of how I handle my equipment and myself. Am I smooth? Are my move "professional?" Am I fidgeting?

I take all of these things into account.

Great tip!

Dec 5, 2007
New York City
I've actually heard this one before, but it's a really great tip. In practice, the magician should ask himself: If there was no magic happening, would the movements still be entertaining to watch?

The way I think about this is in terms of how I handle my equipment and myself. Am I smooth? Are my move "professional?" Am I fidgeting?

I take all of these things into account.

Great tip!

yup... and for anyone interested in a great and cheap book you should buy Bill Simon effective card magic - http://www.tannens.com/shop/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=6331

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results