Thunderbird

Dec 13, 2007
I was wondering who has this effect... And if you do, How you like it...

is it practical?
Whats the difficulty?
do you really use it?
How is the teaching?

ETC...

Thanks

May 2, 2008
Pennsylvania
Thunderbird... hmm

Thunderbird, good choice, I can give it to you if you want it.... :)

Anyway, difficulty: It's easy, but angle sensitive.
teaching: The teaching is quick to the point, but doesn't stress anything.
practicality: Very practical, although I don't find myself performing this in real life due to the angles.

hope this helps,

sanj

May 24, 2008
meh, im not a big fan of it, if i were you, i would get starry eyed suprise by oz pearlman cuz you see a video that teaches you rather than a pdf and a short performance from performers view

Mar 24, 2008
I love it. It is a great effect and I do it for people all the time. I don't see how you would call it a Camera Effect as it is very easy to do for people up close. You just need to be confident and the effect provides plenty of misdirection to the ace that you have just shown.

I made the mistake at first of asking someone to watch this cool card display and would get busted. Just do it and do it smooth, IMO the effect is worth the practice.

-Altrez

Sep 1, 2007
Amsterdam
It is a good effect, i dont find it to be that angle sensitive really, only time someone can possibly spot something is the first production, but they never saw it comming so it is great imo.

I use it as an opening effect, it is quick fast, to the point, and catches attention. seriously the last production is ze bomb

Oct 8, 2007
There is a video instruction of this effect in Asher's "5 Card Stud". This, along with other effects, and a movie of sorts. The teaching doesn't go much into detail, but it gives just enough for you to learn it.

The effect, though a little angle sensitive, is fast and visual and they don't really see it coming. Produce the aces in quick succession and it'd look like you're pulling them out of thin air. Requires a simple move that you most likely know.

Though I can perform it, I haven't done it live for an audience yet. I had to sacrifice a little of the visual aspect though, by using the first two cards as a little bit of cover-up for the third production (waving the 2 cards in front of your other hand, then a 3rd card is produced. You'd know this if you have it.), and the fourth I guess is a little bit knacky. This is the way I'll do it until I get it perfectly. Thankfully, none but the mirror have seen this less visual version. The whole routine itself, in my opinion is actually a bit knacky, in the sense of producing them fluidly and smoothly.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results