A little messed up but Control achieved its purpose

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
today was the last day of school for me and i decided to finish with something big.
normally i would do card tricks, coins or just something for a small group(4 or 5) of people.
after school ended i was doing magic for a few friends and since everybody was walking out of school ,a big crowd started to form.not criss angel huge crowd, but at least 10 to 15,possibly more.
i decided to do control.
which was the first time ive done it(not counting family members)for poeple.
i picked someone random from the crowd to help out.a girl obviously.
and we started the countdown.
i died at 23 seconds.
my girlfriend was there and i heard her almost start to cry.everyone was saying things like "no way","that dudes fu##ing dead!".but mostly all were in silence.
after about 20 to 30 seconds i came back.but made it seem to as if coming back hurt.i breathed in heavily as if coming up from holding my breath underwater.coughing and wide-eyed.some people screamed others laughed and cursed.the girl reading my pulse just stared at me.someone gave me some water and my girlfriend hit me a little and said to never do that again.her eyes were a bit watery.
i wanted to laugh but i didnt dare or else that would take away from the effect.
after that people were shaking my hand and high fiving me.
it was absolutlely the best feeling ever.a good way to end the school year.

some of you guys will probably say im lying based on my writing style but ive always been a able to write like this off the bat.its something that comes natural to me.i even write scripts and screenplays when i want to direct a short movie with my friends.
i just wanted to share this with someone thats all.and who else but other magicians.and im not trying to be a showoff or say im badass.
just sharing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
im pretty sure no one will say your lying just because you have a good writing style

but then again...across the internet there are some weird people....

anywhoo, gratz on the crazy performance

Sep 1, 2007
on Theory11.
Speaking of writing style, you should think about using a space after your periods. Just a thought...
Anyway, back on subject, congrats on a great performance! What was the "A little messed up" part, as suggested in your title?

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Speaking of writing style, you should think about using a space after your periods. Just a thought...
Anyway, back on subject, congrats on a great performance! What was the "A little messed up" part, as suggested in your title?

oh the messed up part was cause i made my girlfriend cry. i guess when i was writing it i didnt say much about her.haha

Mar 30, 2008
DC
Yeah, Control can really leave an impression on your audience.

However it isn't the best thing to do for a large group, but you seemed to have managed it pretty well so great job!

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
some of you guys will probably say im lying based on my writing style but ive always been a able to write like this off the bat.its something that comes natural to me.i even write scripts and screenplays when i want to direct a short movie with my friends.

Congrats on the performance, but honestly... you're writing isn't good at all. Learn proper English, type properly... you'd be surprised how far capitalization, punctuation, and proper spelling and sentence structure will take you.

Sep 1, 2007
some of you guys will probably say im lying based on my writing style

The thought never actually crossed my mind until you brought it up.

but ive always been a able to write like this off the bat.its something that comes natural to me.i even write scripts and screenplays when i want to direct a short movie with my friends.

I'm sorry... what? That was a really contrived way to brag about your percieved writing abilities. And if you are a writer, why do you type like this?

A rich man doesn't need to tell you he's rich.

Oct 6, 2007
The thought never actually crossed my mind until you brought it up.

I'm sorry... what? That was a really contrived way to brag about your percieved writing abilities. And if you are a writer, why do you type like this?

A rich man doesn't need to tell you he's rich.

Another thread where the comments are not neccessary- save them for PMs.

Anyway. Great work!
You managed to pull of an effect that is hard to really sell. Good job!

Sep 1, 2007
Cornwall
i did control a few weeks ago while camping
the guy was counting my fake pulse perfectly, but when i ended the "acting part" he said it was my real pulse, and they didnt buy it, dispite counting normally, then slowly to stopping, then normally again.
meh

Sep 1, 2007
Another thread where the comments are not neccessary- save them for PMs.

Glass houses, friend.

but when i ended the "acting part" he said it was my real pulse, and they didnt buy it,

Could have been a lot of things. Could be the acting, could be that there wasn't enough build-up to condition them, could be that they just didn't want to accept such a thing as even remotely possible. Lots of reasons they wouldn't believe.

Mar 2, 2008
Dang i wish my school was like yours. Mine just cares bout how its done and not enjoy the effect. Still when i do control people jump off of my paulse when it hits zero and sence im dead i just have to wake up. PM me some advice please.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results