Gravity Half Pass

Do you do the Gravity Half Pass? If so, do you have any tips on how to do the "right-arm action" on pages 17 and 18 of the original Paper Engine? I can't seem to find how to square the two packets so effortlessly as seen in this video.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MIaaIW_Hals

Do you have any tips as to squaring the two packets?

Edit: On second thought, could a moderator please move this to the card magic forum.

working also

I am also currently working on the gravity half pass. In my opinion, the guy in the video is doing it wrong, as explained in the the book. Re-read the section about the single unit (arm, hand, fingers). Now watch the video. I do feel that the pass in the video is good, just not as explained, but it works for him, atleast on camera. Carefully analyze the photographs and read each section over and over. You will find the secret, I did, but as Aaron Fisher always says, you have ten years to go before mastering it. Hope it helps. If not PM me.

-Jason

I am also currently working on the gravity half pass. In my opinion, the guy in the video is doing it wrong, as explained in the the book. Re-read the section about the single unit (arm, hand, fingers). Now watch the video. I do feel that the pass in the video is good, just not as explained, but it works for him, atleast on camera. Carefully analyze the photographs and read each section over and over. You will find the secret, I did, but as Aaron Fisher always says, you have ten years to go before mastering it. Hope it helps. If not PM me.

-Jason

I guess it's just practice...

Sep 6, 2007
If you think I'm doing it wrong buy Aaron Fisher's dvds. I do it just like he does it.

If you've only read the book and never seen the dvds you are missing out of some very important information.

Look at him doing the Gravity Half Pass then tell me if I'm doing it wrong, don't just say it if you've never seen Aaron doing it.

May 6, 2008
Hey buddy, calm down. He used the words, "In my opinion", for a reason. Let's not turn this into some High B.S. fest.

Sep 6, 2007
I didn't mean it that way.

A lot of peole critize me because they only own the book and have never seen this sleght being performed live.

My biggest advice that I can give anyone that wants to learn this is BUY THE DVD's. Wacth them over and over again, look at your finger positions THEY'RE CRITICAL. Practice infront of a camera or a friend. Do it over and over and over again.

You can do miracles with this sleight, if you have seen Aaron work the close up room at the magic castle then you know what I'm talking about.

In my opinion, he is the best close up magician I have ever seen in my life, and I've seen a lot.

Sep 6, 2007
Well I learned it from the book and then the videos helped me a lot, and as far as I know I'm the only one that can do it at least in this forum so... =o)

Take my advice, buy the dvds and combine that with the information in the book, you'll find something that will work for you when you combine the two.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results