Sybil... Definition?

May 8, 2008
England
Hey, so I've just started cardistry and so far so good.

I've learnt a few cuts and made up a few of my own.

I thought a good place to start would be sybils, as I heard them mentioned a lot. In the end I learnt Kevin Ho's sybil 947. But there are so many sybils, didn't really know where to start...

So what is the definition of a sybil? What makes a cut a sybil?

Thanks in advance

Sep 1, 2007
Most cuts that have "Sybil" (or "Sible" as the case may be) in their name are variations on Chris Kenner's cut "Five Faces of Sybil." The actual cut "Sybil" is different. It still uses the "Sybil Z" (for lack of better descriptor). The cut that is closest to it is probably Genesis, by the Bucks, for which Kenner is actually credited.

Sep 1, 2007
Malaysia
www.youtube.com
If you would like the definition of Sybil, by means of the word origin, then you should check this out:
http://forums.theory11.com/showthread.php?t=4326

Well first of all, the Sybil originated from Chris Kenner. The original concept cannot be changed.... well, we're only restricted to creating variations of the original concept :) So I guess, any cut/flourish that utilizes the style and 4 to 5 packet-swinging, as demonstrated by the original Sybil, yet in a somewhat different approach can be considered a Sybil cut. Watch more of other sybil videos and you'll get some inspiration to create your own.

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results