Share Best reactions

May 6, 2008
Egypt
I would like everyone to share the best or strangest reactions that they got!
For me, once i did the second version of stigmata( the name & business card) in front of a group of around 20 people and after revealing the initials, this guy grabs me and he tells me that im possessed and starts CHOKING me , trying to get the devil out of me!!...........

So that's me , what about you?

Jan 23, 2008
I posted this a long....... time ago on E
Today at school... well lets back up. So i'm one of the most popular people at my school b/c of magic. So every day during 8th " which I have Off" I do magic. I get incredible reactions speechless people and stuff but today... I did the phone book prediction where I make a prediction of the numbers they will hold up on their finger and then have them pick a card then have the people to to the page and count down the value their card was and my last prediction was the same phone number printed on the page. SO I probably have had the biggest crowd I've ever had at school about 120 people i was surrounded by a circle going 20 to 30 feet out and man when I turn the last prediction over the people started screaming and stuff. classes came out looking at what was going on and finally the principle that was freaking out the huge crowd and I were all kicked out of the school for the rest of the day for noise pollution and class disruption or something and so we all went off the school ground and i did more magic till school was out. wow everyone that wasn't in the crowd must have been so confused

May 6, 2008
Egypt
I posted this a long....... time ago on E
Today at school... well lets back up. So i'm one of the most popular people at my school b/c of magic. So every day during 8th " which I have Off" I do magic. I get incredible reactions speechless people and stuff but today... I did the phone book prediction where I make a prediction of the numbers they will hold up on their finger and then have them pick a card then have the people to to the page and count down the value their card was and my last prediction was the same phone number printed on the page. SO I probably have had the biggest crowd I've ever had at school about 120 people i was surrounded by a circle going 20 to 30 feet out and man when I turn the last prediction over the people started screaming and stuff. classes came out looking at what was going on and finally the principle that was freaking out the huge crowd and I were all kicked out of the school for the rest of the day for noise pollution and class disruption or something and so we all went off the school ground and i did more magic till school was out. wow everyone that wasn't in the crowd must have been so confused

NICE!!!!!!!!!

May 6, 2008
Narnia of course
My best was an accident:p. I was beginning my acr as I always do, with kind of a laugh line which allows me to get my DL. I told the spec to think of any card in the deck, and to concentrate on it. Then I tell them to turn over the top card, and when it doesn't match I usually say "That'd be cool though wouldn't it?" and I get my DL. However, this time when they turned over the top card, it really was the card they were thinking about lol :cool:.

Neat!

My best was an accident:p. I was beginning my acr as I always do, with kind of a laugh line which allows me to get my DL. I told the spec to think of any card in the deck, and to concentrate on it. Then I tell them to turn over the top card, and when it doesn't match I usually say "That'd be cool though wouldn't it?" and I get my DL. However, this time when they turned over the top card, it really was the card they were thinking about lol :cool:.

Neat!
Chris Kenner said on the TnR DVD that if you accidently happen to pick a card the spectator thought of, you should just finish your routine and walk away, cause there is nothing you can do to top that.
:)

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
A really annoying girl was chasing me around at school a while back. I was getting pee'd off so I spun around and said
'You can't mess with a magician.'
and did a snap change. She froze and looked at me like I was Satan so I walked off laughing.

Jan 11, 2008
New york
In a hospital i was "Forced" to be in(Only for 15 days) had me in the office for"Questioning". I noticed an opened file with a chines persons name date of birth name of town he was born and reason for "Hospitalization"(Hallucinations of demons in home)
I was left alone so i decided to practice my Memonics with this guys file.
after i was assigned my room i stared my walk around, and then i saw him,the only Asian man on this floor.........

What i did next will be considered very wrong on all levels. It was the worst 15 days of my life and the best at the same time.

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
i have two i consider my favorite and best reactions. i once performed control for a few co-workers of mine after we were off shift and one of them was a massive guy. he was literally 6 foot 6 and about 300 pounds. well after i stopped my pulse you can hear him lose his breath, as i came out of it, he stood up and just walked away FAST. wouldn't look at me. wouldn't talk to me for a month and to this day is scared of me.

the other one would be the second version of stigmata. i did it for my girlfriends best friend and she was in tears by the end. crying hysterically. she said it really touched her.

Apr 14, 2008
I was performing for a teenage girl at a bar and things were going good. I could tell she was going to be a hard sell and I kept getting weak reactions for every trick even though I was giving it all I had. What happened next is much like what happened to 'Mitch.R' Girl grabbed the deck out of my hands, held them in front of her face, pulled one out and said what is this card I'm thinking of. I had only one blue back card in the deck....magic frickin miracle... she chose the blue back... I played it up real big and replaced card face up so she would be none the wiser. Jaws hit the floor. I thanked them for their time and walked away.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
i have two i consider my favorite and best reactions. i once performed control for a few co-workers of mine after we were off shift and one of them was a massive guy. he was literally 6 foot 6 and about 300 pounds. well after i stopped my pulse you can hear him lose his breath, as i came out of it, he stood up and just walked away FAST. wouldn't look at me. wouldn't talk to me for a month and to this day is scared of me.

the other one would be the second version of stigmata. i did it for my girlfriends best friend and she was in tears by the end. crying hysterically. she said it really touched her.

He was kinda wide at the shouders, narrow at the hips, and everybody knew you didn't give no lip to big John.

He was 6 foot 6 and weighed 245, and if you spoke at all, you just said hi, to Big John.

Sorry, I love Johnny Cash; yes, that's a song.

One of my awesomest reactions, while not really a fantastic reaction, was when I performed Cannibal Kings for Joel Paschall, my friend, and his future Step-Dad. At the end, when I bit out part of the deck, Joel just started laughing and said, "Wow, I really wasn't expecting that." So that was pretty cool.

I also had a guy just walk off after the first phase of my ACR.

I've never had any really crazy reactions, though.

Sep 1, 2007
San Diego
He was kinda wide at the shouders, narrow at the hips, and everybody knew you didn't give no lip to big John.

He was 6 foot 6 and weighed 245, and if you spoke at all, you just said hi, to Big John.

One of my awesomest reactions, while not really a fantastic reaction, was when I performed Cannibal Kings for Joel Paschall, my friend, and his future Step-Dad. At the end, when I bit out part of the deck, Joel just started laughing and said, "Wow, I really wasn't expecting that." So that was pretty cool.

i had girls laughing and being all giddy and giving me thier numbers once becasue i did some effects with them, acr, an ink transpo from firestarters, then bra and panties from silks. it was funny as heck, biggest tippers i got, made.........75 dollars that night.
best pasrt was it was kept all appropiate since it was a street show and there were kids, minus the bras an panties it was clean. it was fun

Aug 31, 2007
Hartford, CT
I've got a few, one from magic, the rest from hypnosis, but I'll tell you my magic one.

My girlfriend lives in Germany, I live in Connecticut. (Yeah, it's rough) Anyway, she was having a few of her girl friends over. They were drinking a little when my girlfriend decided to call me.

Now being a hypnotist, I gravitate towards mentalism magic and mostly all of the tricks I'm learning I make the pratter into a more "psychological experiment" kind.

So she called, a little drunk, with two of her friends there also a little drunk (and she's six hours ahead of me so it's about 6pm my time, midnight hers), and says to me "Do something magical".

I must note here that we call each other on MSN messenger or Skype. Saves money and she had her speakers on so everyone in the room could hear me.

Well, I've done some magic over the internet and phone with her, but nothing impromptu, of course.

Then I remembered a psychological trick and took a gamble. I told her think of one card that is romantic, but don't use aces because it's too obvious. Then get a deck of cards and pull that card out of the deck and have each person there hold it. So in a couple of minutes she said that they were ready.

I paused a second, then just blurted out the name of the card.

Stunned silence. I had thought I got it wrong.

Then I heard one of her friends say something and the rest saying something in reply. (Couldn't make out what).

My girlfriend got back on the phone and said to me, "How did you do that?"

I told her "It's because of our connection to each other". (Going for the "awww" factor :) )

Then one friend said something I could make out. My girl said "Oh, yeah. Too bad he's not here."

I asked her what they are talking about.

She replied "We were saying that if you were here, we'd all go to bed with you right now."

Wellllllll that's the best reaction I could've ever asked for. :)

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
^ Haha, nice.

One of the best reactions I've had was a few weeks ago at school. I was doing a 10 minute performance for my Media class because my teacher loves me and one of the things I did was "Here then There." When the girl I was doing it with turned over the card in her hand, the WHOLE class lurched forward in total silence, and unanimously said "WHAT?!" followed by some more silence. It was fantastic.

Another would have to be when I did "You do as I do" for a family friend. I finished the trick, and she looked at me and said "I bet you couldn't do it again." I smiled and gave her one of my trademarked looks and I continued on to do it again. And again. And again. Each time, the reaction getting bigger and bigger. I don't remember how many times I did it, maybe 10 or so. It was great. Now, everytime I see her she tells people about it and I find myself doing it again. :p

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY

haha true, johnny cash is pretty dang amazing

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
Another would have to be when I did "You do as I do" for a family friend. I finished the trick, and she looked at me and said "I bet you couldn't do it again." I smiled and gave her one of my trademarked looks and I continued on to do it again. And again. And again. Each time, the reaction getting bigger and bigger. I don't remember how many times I did it, maybe 10 or so. It was great. Now, everytime I see her she tells people about it and I find myself doing it again. :p

Haha, i had the same reaction from my two friends. I did the most simpliest (i dont think that is the right spelling) trick in the world, with a key card. I did a mind/puls/voice reading and guessed their card every time. After few pulse readings, i decided to have a little more fun and did "lie about your card" thing, and they lied their a** off, and i allways get their card. It was so funny watching them lie lol.

I had two great rections.
First one: I did the trick from "Hit the road" with 4 kings and a mess up by a magician (i am really sorry, i cant remember the name of the trick), and when i revealed their card between the 4 aces that were face up in a face down deck, my friend just kept his jaw open, and kep repeating "but...but... 4 kings...how.... but.... but", and he kept doing it for about half an hour, while sitting alone in the corner of the room, lol.

Second one: I made my brother in law cry with Mindbender (yeah, it is weird), but the guy (he is 40 years old btw) believes in such tings as spiritual world, and all that stuff, so he trully believed that i bent the card with my mind...

May 13, 2008
St Albans, UK
I got an amazing reaction by doing Paul Gordon's trick - i think its called something like "1001 ways" - anyway; i have a card selected (an ace), find the mates (three more aces), lose them in the deck, find them in spectacular ways apart from the last one. I dont move from my spot and start panicking...everyone is expecting a miracle...i point to the other end of the room and get a spectator to look behind a picture frame: the final ace is there and i leave with thunderous applause!

So easy yet works wonders, i've also finished with the final card ending up in a bottle.

Dec 15, 2007
Hawaii
I did the Floating Rose to my mom on stage and she began to cry ( i dont know if it was the music or what) and i saw her crying and I began to have tears in my eyes.I was like why am i crying and i ended up ripping the Paper Rose (flash paper) and was like omg! i messed up but I'll finish this routine already cuz my hands were shaking . So i did the full levitation and lit the paper rose and produced the real rose and gave it to her and hugged her. I looked up and saw that I had a standing ovation in the middle of the show and I saw some of the audience were crying.I guess it was the way i presented it especially for my mom. That is my best reaction so far..some were speechless.

Mar 29, 2008

something similiar happened to me, I told them to pick a card, no, think of a card, then I would force the card and pick it myself. I then say what was the card you where thinking of? they say their card, its not correct so I say, all right, thats the card we wont use, lets use this one instead(surprisingly, I have never been called out on me picking the card for them doing this exact thing) But one time, it was their card, and the lady eyes got really big, and her jaw dropped, she looked like this:eek: and her freinds where sitting thee with the "wtf jus happened?" face on.

Best reaction, was performing for this black guy(no racist) and some of his buddies, did ACR, worked up to paperclipped, took the clip off, unfolded, and showed his signed card, he was basically yelling, he said "oh sh*t! oh sh*t! that was one of the best f****** things I have ever seen!" and he then gave me $5.

Strangest, started doing an ACR for a woman and her 10-12 year old son, did D&D card to mouth, as I went to pull the card out of my mouth, the kid grabbed i from me, looked it over, then tore it up, the mother was like "what did you do that for?!?" The kid then said, "I thought he was using a trick card"

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results