Random Acts of School Magic

Sep 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
One of the corniest(sorry this is a bad way) thing I have ever seen.
Tivo 2.0 was awful, coin routine could've been more smoother and less stiff and quick, the magazine thing was pretty obvious from that "break."
Only thing I liked was the back palm.

But nice effort...

PS. I apologize for being harsh but this is me being honest and hopefully you will take this and practice more. Good luck!

Michael Kras

{dg} poet laureate / theory11
Sep 12, 2007
Canada
www.magicanada.myfastforum.org
Tivo didn't turn out as planned, that's for sure. The first time in the video, I tried to do it normally but the cards are OLLD and the Cardini Change didn't work for some odd reason. So I resorted to a godawful variation... for some reason, the editor decided to include it. Why, I have no idea. But definitely nowhere near my best effort. I also have no excuse for the coin routine... I am not practiced in coin magic really, more of a novice. I spend most of my time on card work.

That wasn't my break, it was just a folded page. Trust me, if it were a break I would have him take down the video now. It was meant as more of a joke anyways, thought that was more obvious but apparently it wasn't.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
The magazine thing was definitely obvious, it sounded like half of it was sped up, Tivo wasn't too good, coin work wasn't anything special. Based on some of your other videos, I was expecting better. Sorry, but I didn't care for it that much.

Jan 11, 2008
france
I love coin magic, but it is definately something difficult, once you get coin magic down you have a solid basis for magic in general, I encourage you to keep practicing.

I also have no excuse for the coin routine... I am not practiced in coin magic really, more of a novice. I spend most of my time on card work.

however I have to be honest, it does sort of anger me that you decided to do this routine knowing that you cant poform it well. Unlike cards, with coin magic you realy have stare at your hands in a mirror and ask yourself does that look convincing?

what iam trying to say is dont disrespect coin magic, if you like the routine then practice it. Doing a half baked presentation of a clasic effect like this one is truly a shame

dont take my comments to harshly, keep trying and reach your goals

Michael Kras

{dg} poet laureate / theory11
Sep 12, 2007
Canada
www.magicanada.myfastforum.org
Actually this is one of the ones I practice and perform regularly.. I'm not a total beginner at coins, I just don't generally work with coins much. I normally perform that effect so much better, but for some strange reason I can sometimes become fidgety when performing on camera. Remember guys, this isn't really a magic videos... just me messing around. However, magic-wise, the one today will be so much better. This one here was just kinda done out of the blue and I had no chance to prepare effects. The video today is all planned out and you will all be very pleased with what I have routined together.

I love coin magic, but it is definately something difficult, once you get coin magic down you have a solid basis for magic in general, I encourage you to keep practicing.

however I have to be honest, it does sort of anger me that you decided to do this routine knowing that you cant poform it well. Unlike cards, with coin magic you realy have stare at your hands in a mirror and ask yourself does that look convincing?

what iam trying to say is dont disrespect coin magic, if you like the routine then practice it. Doing a half baked presentation of a clasic effect like this one is truly a shame

dont take my comments to harshly, keep trying and reach your goals

I pretty much agree with you there, just keep on practicing Michael

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results