Females

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2007
Perhaps this topic has been touched upon in the past, but nonetheless.....

I was just wondering why Theory11 hasn't featured any women as part of their artists list.

I'm more than sure there are several women who are into cardistry/ flourishes just as much as we are.

Jan 11, 2008
france
Perhaps this topic has been touched upon in the past, but nonetheless.....

I was just wondering why Theory11 hasn't featured any women as part of their artists list.

I'm more than sure there are several women who are into cardistry/ flourishes just as much as we are.

its not enough for her to be into flourishing and cardistry, the artists on the website need to be creators.

It would be cool to have a creative female magician on the artist page though

Oct 25, 2007
I know that the artists have to be creators.

It's just hard for me to imagine the idea that not a single female has contributed to our art in anyway today or in the past.

It would be nice to see a featured female here at T11!!!!1

timsilva

Elite Member
Nov 18, 2007
California
timsilva.com
The artists profile pages are for people who contribute and/or work for this website. Considering the ratio between male and female magicians out there, it is not unlikely for this to happen. Ellusionist doesn't have any female-released products that I know of either.

It would be interesting, but it needs to be the right person and for the right reasons. Not just because they are female. There is a standard for the effects released here, and it just happens to be that there are far more male magician creators than femaile.

It also sounds like you think it's personal or something, like they tried not to include women :p

Oct 25, 2007
No, no, no...... I don't think that they are purposely leaving out woman.

All I'm saying is that it would be nice to see a female who is a creator and loves magic featured as one of the artists here at theory 11, not just because she's a female.

I guess I should've phrased my question clearer.

D

Deleted member 2755

Guys, the only reason there isn't a female artist is because there haven't been any females wishing to sell something through Theory 11. Theory 11 is not sexist so let's not make them look like like it. I'm sure that if a female magician wished to sell something through Theory 11, and they liked it, they would sell it. That could be similar to asking something like "Why aren't there any African American artists?" "Why aren't there any asian artists?" Do we really have to ask something like this? C'mon guys. Moderator's, please lock this.

-Doug

D

Deleted member 2755

Yeah, but she's not featured as one of the artists....

She is not featured as an artist because she hasn't actually created and sold something through Theory 11....

-Doug

D

Deleted member 2755

I know that the artists have to be creators.

It's just hard for me to imagine the idea that not a single female has contributed to our art in anyway today or in the past.

It would be nice to see a featured female here at T11!!!!1

I apologize for making 3 posts in a row in this one thread. Who ever said that not a single female contributed to our art? Just because there aren't any females that are featured as artists doesn't mean that they never contributed to magic in the past. I guess Dai Vernon didn't contribute to our art at all because he wasn't an artist.

It would be nice to see Dai Vernon featured here at T11!!!!1
(That was sarcasm.)

-Doug

Oct 25, 2007
You completely took the question out of context.

The question isn't meant to make theory11 seem sexiest.

As for your reply, you're just stating the obvious. It doesn't take a genius to understand that if someone submits a trick and Theory11 likes it they will sell it, regardless if the person is male or female.

I'm not asking why aren't there any products created by women featured here. What I am saying is that it would be nice to see a female who happens to have created something and is involved in magic today featured as an artist.

I completely understand that there may not be many women out there who fit the criteria, but there are those who have contributed their two cents to this art in the past and now and I give credit to them.

I more than certain that everyone here knows that Theory11 isn't a chauvinistic, sexiest pig for not having a female as an artist.

So next time make sure you understand what you read before posting a response and then asking to be blocked......GET A CLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 31, 2007
What is the point of this seriously?
What are you trying to imply we send girls invites on youtube to become theory11 creators?

If a female wants to become featured on the artists page then let them create a worth while effect we can enjoy.

Oct 25, 2007
"If a female wants to become featured on the artists page then let them create a worth while effect we can enjoy".[/QUOTE]

YOU THINK?.........insert sarcasm here.

D

Deleted member 2755

"If a female wants to become featured on the artists page then let them create a worth while effect we can enjoy".

YOU THINK?.........insert sarcasm here.[/QUOTE]

And the point of this post was?....:rolleyes:

You completely took the question out of context.

The question isn't meant to make theory11 seem sexiest.

As for your reply, you're just stating the obvious. It doesn't take a genius to understand that if someone submits a trick and Theory11 likes it they will sell it, regardless if the person is male or female.

I'm not asking why aren't there any products created by women featured here. What I am saying is that it would be nice to see a female who happens to have created something and is involved in magic today featured as an artist.

With the way things are worded, I can only take what you write and comment on it. I'm not actually in a room talking to you. I am only reading your words. Of course I am stating the obvious. I'm staying it because it didn't look like you understood the obvious. Also, there are women recognized as "artists". Just not on this website. They are also recognized. As for another thing you said:

"What I am saying is that it would be nice to see a female who happens to have created something in magic today featured as an artist."

I guess Greg Wilson hasn't added anything to the magic community because he hasn't been recognized as an artist on Theory 11. :( (/sarcasm) There, I used someone who wasn't female as an example. C'mon, no need for this argument.

Mods... once again... please lock.

-Doug

-EDIT-
Theory 11 is only going to put artists that are associated with them that have created effects as artists. Just because someone isn't on here does not mean they are not recognized as an artist.

Nov 23, 2007
NC
These threads always end up getting closed because of personnal attacks.

Oct 25, 2007
If you don't get it then maybe you should go back and do your homework or whatever you 16 year olds do nowadays. Sinful

I'm might be coming off as harsh but I really hate it people reply to post that they clearly don't have a clue as to what they mean.

D

Deleted member 2755

If you don't get it then maybe you should go back and do your homework or whatever you 16 year olds do nowadays. Sinful

I'm might be coming off as harsh but I really hate it people reply to post that they clearly don't have a clue as to what they mean.

As a post above me said... these topics get closed because they just turn into personal attacks on one another. Congratulations on taking a cheap shot at me because of my age. I'm not going to play that game. I also absolutely know what I'm posting and what I mean. I am done with this thread.

-Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results