Favorite Vanish

May 26, 2008
Hey everyone,
I was just wondering what your favorite false transfers are. If you could also put where you learned that vanish, it would be very helpful. Right now, mine is the Universal Retention Vanish from 21st Century Coin Mechanics.

Sep 24, 2007
The one i use most often? That would be David Roth's retention vanish.

My favorite? My own vanish where the coin is already in the hand, the hand is closed, and the coin is gone. this is a particularly obvious vanish but i use it to practice strong misdirection.

Dec 13, 2007
I like the retention vanish... and if i'm wearing sleeves i like to sleeve it... you can learn this very well on the Silver Dream dvd

I also like that vanish that homer liwag does at the end of his coinone trick... i'm not 100% sure how it works but i sort of reverse engineered it and i use it all the time

Sep 1, 2007
Melbourne
There's no such thing as a favorite vanish,
there is only the one that works best depending on the situation you're in.
Retention > false transfer sometimes, french drop > wither vanish sometimes.
Just because the sleight is hard or ends clean or looks skillful , doesn't mean it's good.
It good when you know when to use it.

sometimes I would use a vanish I don't use a lot, just because it fits the best for a routine.

Jun 2, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I like Homer;s handling of the french drop and i think it;s called melt. just like the f drop but with one move to show your hands as clean as possible. Not really a retention vanish though:)

Sep 24, 2007
Amane, i disagree with you here. There IS a such thing as your favorite vanish. You may have different favorite vanishes for different situations, but i believe most people still have one overall favorite vanish.

Aug 31, 2007
French Drop all the way! You would have to be a crack head to mess that one up. I enjoy a good retention vanish and wooooof the Himber vanish is sexy when done correctly.

-Sypris

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
i absolutely agree that each vanish must be judged on its merits in the context of the effect, but i also believe that one CAN have a favourite vanish. Mine is my handling of the french drop. My handling finesse's have evolved the sleight so that now i can perform this easy vanish in front of a mirror and smile. i've added a retention of vision to an otherwise 'workhorse' sleight, and i think this has really improved my personal handling of the sleight. i alos use a variation on the move for a very deceptive switch.
I also love homer liwag's himber vanish handling. beautiful in his hands.
I use the JW grip in a very fast one handed vanish, and i quite like it.

C!

Jul 20, 2008
The one i use most often? That would be David Roth's retention vanish.

My favorite? My own vanish where the coin is already in the hand, the hand is closed, and the coin is gone. this is a particularly obvious vanish but i use it to practice strong misdirection.

One question for all magician "Is you all brought the DVD and learn,becuase it is expensive for me im only 14":( .I wanna learn the "Professional" trick but i don't know where to find one all on youtube which is FREE is all lousy trick i almost view all of the VDO in youtube the magic trick reveal.:mad:

Jul 21, 2008
Ohio
I'm not sure what your trying to say, but I don't think you should ever turn to youtube for a quick explanation. Most of the time the people who post tutorials to magic are just looking for attention. So therefore they really aren't putting time into making the video, which means that it may not even be the correct method, or it may not be a good explanation, so you you might not get it etc. So I would recommend just waiting until your birthday or Christmas, or you could always try to find a job. If you can't find a job, maybe ask your parents if you can do some chores for some money?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results