Muscle Pass Question

May 6, 2008
Egypt
I just got the muscle pass for jay noblezada and i was wondering how long it took you guys to actually shoot the coin

Aug 31, 2007
UK
It will take you a LONG time to be able to do a decent muscle pass, Jay Noblezada shouldn't be the person you learn it from either.

Apr 22, 2008
I actually learnt this sleight from Kris Nevling. I started with smaller coins, then with bigger and now I do it with a poker chip. It took me to lear it about a day, but to get a good high - about half a month with everyday practise. A great and stuning sleight it is :)

Sep 1, 2007
Melbourne
If you wanna learn about the muscle pass,
your best bet is Shoot Ogawa.
He can have you doing a muscle pass in 5 mins, guaranteed.
It's true because i've seen him do it haha.....and he teaches you a lot of good techniques on how to improve the height of your muscle pass as well as many fantastic applications of it.
You should go and get his DVD

Aug 31, 2007
Dan Watkin's site www.coinvanish.com has a good tutorial on doing the MP.

As for how long it took me to learn it? About four weeks to get it down good. Its honestly the only trick I truely practice every single day. I take my coins with me everywhere and the one thing I do the most is MP a coin from my right to my left horizontally. When i'm sitting down I'll do some vertical ones and I like to do a wheel motion where I MP the coin from vertical to all the way down to horizontal.

At times I hate the MP just because I can do a wam bam thank you mam killer coins across routine and get some ok reactions but the moment I make the stupid coin "fall up" people are yelling "DO IT AGAIN!"

-Sypris

May 24, 2008
it took me about an hour to do it pretty well, but i think its cuz i already have like 100 calluses on my hand

Sep 1, 2007
One tip that works for me - but obviously everyones different - is when you're preparing to shoot the coin(putting it in palm) put it just slightly to the right of where you would normally palm(or to the left if you're left handed). For me it just causes more tension and gives me a higher MP.

Oh and to answer your initial question, it took me about 2 weeks practicing it for 3 hours everyday. Its real easy to practice because you can watch TV or whatever while you do so.

Sep 24, 2007
Placing the coin slightly to the right (or left, for left handers like me) is known as placing the coin in "Muscle Pass Classic Palm."

Dec 15, 2007
Hawaii
A week for me.. but it took me at least 8 hrs a day with some really sore palms and occasional bleeding...But trust me, it definitely pays off BIG time. Its one of those things you have to keep at it

Sep 2, 2007
London
One technique for speeding up learning the muscle pass without hurting your hands is to switch hands every ten minutes. Not only do you end up being able to perform it in both hands, but it gives each hand time to rest and recuperate, and you won't end up with the damaged hands that some people report when they're learning it.

However, I reckon the key thing is to firstly make sure you're learning the proper technique (I think two complementary sources are Reed McClintock's "Classic Palming with Coins" and Shoot Ogawa's "Master of the Muscle Pass"), then I would say a couple of hours a day for about two weeks should be enough to give a workable muscle pass. This is for "Coin That Falls Up" purposes. However, if you want to use it as a hidden sleight then I would suggest a lot more practice, and rehearsal within the context of a routine.

Jan 24, 2008
i bought jay's dvd last summer. i practiced almost nonstop for about 10 hours the first day and could get it about 8 inches by the end of the day. that was with a clay poker chip. now i can get it about two feet between the hands. not to advertise, but i very much liked jay's dvd.

Jul 7, 2008
I know it is probably a stupid question, but I don't do magic as long as you guys, so I have to ask it.

What is the muscle pass for?

I mean I do a lot of coin magic, but I don't know what is the use of it. Please give me some examples. :)

Sep 24, 2007
Muscle pass can be used to give the illusion of a coin defying gravity or it can be used to secretly transfer a coin from one hand to another.

Sep 1, 2007
Shoot Ogawa is your best bet to learn the MP or you can try David Kong's new DVD. The bad thing about the MP is calluses that get sore as h*ll, but don't let that stop you, practice makes perfection.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results