Sandwich Idea

J+H

May 27, 2008
Hey guys, Here's a little sandwich sequence I've been working on for quite a while now. I finally finished the effect/routine yesterday when I promised my friend (Sydney) I'd name a card trick after her. Here's the basic effect:

Phase One: A spectator selects a card (i.e. 3 of Clubs), and it's placed back in the deck. The performer explains that there's no reason for them to look through and find the card since they already know it's the 3 of Clubs, in that moment they shoot out the 3, face up, they then say "but let's say that I didn't know what your card was, (inserts it in the middle) I still wouldn't find your card, in fact,(the selection is split into) the two queens would.

Phase Two: "The reason why is because they can find cards much faster then I can, in example, all I have to do is spring them (duck change) and they sandwich one card, the 3 of clubs. (applause)

Phase Three: "As fast as they can find your card they can get rid of it. (they're taken off of the deck) All I have to do is take the cards (3 for 2 count) and shake them over the deck and just like that your card disappears.(the queens are shown without any card) Okay, I lied your card didn't disappear, that would be impossible , the queens just put it back in the deck. (it's face up)

Phase Four: "But the best part is that they can find your card when you can see it throughout." It is then placed in the deck and the two queens are placed under the spectators hand, now it's pushed flush and the two queens that have been under the spectators hand are revealed to have once again sandwiched their card.

Final Phase: "Now your probably watching this thinking that I did some kind of move when I pushed your card in, so I'll tell you what, this time we'll leave it sticking out the entire time and it will still appear under your hand." the magician explains as the card is inserted. The queens are once again placed under the specs. hand and with just a snap the only card under the spectators hand is there selected card and the protruding card is actually 2, the 2 red queens.

So that's it. Just thought I'd share it with you all and take any constructive criticism you all have. I will be sure to post a vid to youtube and inform you all when I have done so.

J+H

Aug 31, 2007
Sounds like a good routine. I'll make a final judgment when you post the video though:p

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
it seems alright i can see the similarities to cameo though.

although your screen name probably influenced that a little bit.

all in all it seems like a nice routine

Mar 30, 2008
Oh such a sweet routine...making it in name of a friend. It's actually quite a stunning routine. The fluency is exquisite...D+M would be proud.

J+H

May 27, 2008
Oh such a sweet routine...making it in name of a friend. It's actually quite a stunning routine. The fluency is exquisite...D+M would be proud.

Thank you!!! It's very flattering to read your kind words, I'm working on making a vid I just need to practice it more so that I can do it flawlessly with my eyes closed. Daniel Madison is my favorite magician so this is nice to know.:D

J-H (yes I changed it :p)

J+H

May 27, 2008
it seems alright i can see the similarities to cameo though.

although your screen name probably influenced that a little bit.

all in all it seems like a nice routine

As for YOU I must say a few things:

1: J+H was not made because of Daniel Madison, I was playing around with a few things like that and that was the one I was messing with at the time.

and 2: The effect was mainly inspired by 3 people; Syd Segal (G.A.F.T. from Simply Sydney), Jay Sankey (Just Joking) and finally Alan Rorrison (Joking)

J-H

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results