How often do you open a new deck?

May 10, 2008
Hello, I was just wondering what the average lifespan of a deck of cards is for most people. I know some people always like to keep their cards new and fresh and open new packs every 3 weeks or so. or others who will use every diabolical means to still use a deck for as long as possible (ie usually 6 months) and usually involves the deck being bathed in fanning powder. I just wanted to hear feedback from others to decide if I should crack open a new pack of guardians.

Thanx

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Depends. During the summer, I'm playing with my deck a lot more (lol, say that out loud), so I go through about one a week. But during the school year, I don't have as much time, so I go through about one every two to four weeks.

Really depends on use. If I'm really fussy, sometimes I can open 2-3 a week. Usually different types though. Like a Wynn Deck for flourishes, then a newish Bicycle/Tally deck for fans, then maybe another one which I won't really care for and I'll use whenever I can't be bothered washing my hands for the 50th time that day just to pick up my cards. I tend to do LePaul Spreads, Dribbles, Springs, Presure Fans and Under Pressure alot which kills them rather quick. Plus I lose cards to my wheelie chair of death, which runs them over :(

Sep 1, 2007
This summer, I've been going through regular bikes like two per week. No joke.

So I use those less and mainly work with Centurions, which hold up better.

Nov 6, 2007
Y'all are too crazy for me. I make my cards last as long as possible. However, I do not cake them in fanning powder. I don't even own fanning powder.

And I don't use certain decks for certain things. I'm not really too big of a flourisher (although I try, I really do) so maybe that's why I just use Tallys or Bikes or whatnot for magic/cuts/fanning/eating apparently....

They go pretty good with tartar sauce for those who are interested.

Feb 28, 2008
My guardians lasted me forever and still hold together pretty well after 8 months... however, aristocrats seem to die really fast with me, as well as tigers and most other black E decks.

I've got a lot of decks at home which I like to open just to try... so I guess every 2-3 weeks usually.

I tend to mostly use Red/Blue Wynns, but I just started using them so I have no way of saying how long they'll last. Other than that, I tend to rotate what kind of deck I'm using a lot so they last a long time.

For example, I bought 7 decks of Shadow masters when they were first released, and I still have four unopened decks on the shelf. My current deck is still like new and has been open for almost a month. This is mostly due to how I'm always changing what deck I use.

Probably the only other cards I use on a regular basis are Guardians, and I've been using the same deck of those for months now.

With that said, I probably open a new deck every month to month and a half just because I rotate through a lot of decks at once, thereby prolonging their life span.

~The Asian

I have a drawer lined with God knows how many Wynns, probably 140 odd, plus whatever other cards I have, I've lost track. So not much reason for me to scrimp and save cards ;) I don't like saving.

Apr 9, 2008
Singapore
Whenever there is a new custom deck sold, I would buy 1 deck and open it to test the cards. However, I realized that I had too many decks unused, and I stopped buying custom made cards. Each deck of cards last quite a long time as I always switch the decks I use.

Nov 6, 2007
1 deck of ghosts: Used for 8 months for 4+ hours a day
1 deck of Tally Ho 9's: Used for 6 months for 5+ hours a day.

No fanning powder.

You do the math.

Well, I don't know which part of the year you used the decks in, so to make the math simple we'll assume each month to have 30 days.

Ghosts
(8 months)(30 days/month)(4 hours/day)
= 960 hours

Tally Ho's
(6 months)(30 days/month)(5 hours/day)
= 900 hours

Look at that, our units cancel to leave us with hours and we are left to see that the Ghosts lasted 60 hours longer than the Hoes.

Now to calculate error:

haha no thanks I'll let someone else do that .

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results