Favorite magician?

Robc

Elite Member
Dec 3, 2007
New York City
www.youtube.com
Who is your favorite magician and why??

I will have to say that it is a close tie for me between Lennart Green and Shoot Ogawa. Both are very amazing at what they do and are why I started to do magic..

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Gregory Wilson is one of mine, just because he's so darn original and entertaining. I'd have to say Joel Paschall is also one of my favorites. Not simply because he's a theory11 artist, but because he's performed for me personally, and I've seen his stage show... it's awesome, and he's a great performer. Plus he's really nice and cool guy.

May 10, 2008
I would have to say Wayne Houchin because of his amazing work with pretty much all his products that are ridiculously simple, powerful, and impromptu (minus distortion).

Also because he has goatee like the one im growing:D

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
I have 11. :D I kid, I kid.

Actually, I have a few "favorites". Paul Harris, Derren Brown, David Blaine, Teller of P&T, Daniel Madison, and Wayne Houchin-- to name a few.

Sep 6, 2007
Aaron Fisher

If anybody here has seen him work with cards then you know what I'm talking about.

He is the most talented magician in card magic I have ever seen, and I'm proud to say that I've seen a lot at The Magic Castle or other places.

E

elliotcarver

My favorits are without a doubt:

David Stone
Helder Guimaraes
Homer Liwag

Dec 17, 2007
Canada
Rocco,Derren Brown,Penn and Teller,Greg Wilson,Chris Angel (haha),Garry Darwin,Wayne Houchin,Bill Malone! Bill Malone! Bill Malone!.

And some others I can't think of at this moment.

Well, for me I have a few different magicians that are all tied for my favorite.

David Blaine
Harry Houdini
Dai Vernon
Harry Blackstone jr.
Cyril

All of them are very talented and have very unique presentations and effects. I love watching all of them. However, I only have 1 least favorite magician...

CRISS ANGEL... I will not say why I don't like him because I dion't want this to turn into an argument. If you want to know my resons behind it then PM me.

Dylan P.

Sep 1, 2007
Ricky Jay is basically the man. But I'm a big fan of Jamy Ian Swiss. Blaine is now more of an "endurance artist," but I like his magic a lot.

My favorite creators are probably Paul Harris and Chris Kenner.

May 15, 2008
Wayne Houchin, Brad Christian, Cyril, Joel Paschall, Daniel Garcia, Lee Asher.
Wayne is great. Stigmata is really fabulous. The reaction by the audience is
simply superb. People will blew out, some even stun for so long that even i walk
away they still continue to stun, like they saw a devil.

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
This is a big question, and deserves a size-relative answer.
My favourite magicians would have to differ over certain area's-

In terms of pure creativity, I love the works of Jay Sankey, Paul Harris (though i'm JUST starting to lose a LITTLE faith), Mike Skutt, Wayne Houchin, Marc Oberon, David Forrest, David Harkey, Mathieu Bich, and greg Wilson.

In terms of performing ability, I love to watch Greg Wilson (so cool, without even trying), Apollo Robbins (the term 'hardcore' is so apt with this guy), Derren Brown (just amazing style-the only magician my girlfriend will sit and watch with me), Banachek (for tackling mentalism without being super serious constantly),Pete Firman (very funny guy), David Acer (funny and excellent chops!), Homer Liwag (just...those coins are just vanishing in his hands!) and various others that aren't coming immediately to mind.

Guy's i appreciate for the technical skills they posess, Homer L again, Gary Kurtz, Ray Kosby, Chris Kenner, Apollo again, Shoot Ogawa, Troy Hooser, Justin Miller, Aaron Fisher, The Bucks, Greg Wilson again, Chad Long, and the list could go on...

basically, i could MAYBE choose a 'greatest hits' collection of creators, performers, and writers, but i would find it impossible to choose one absolute favourite.

C!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results