Center - Click Issues

Sep 1, 2007
California
Hey everyone,

Quick question and request of advice. I am sure you have all encountered what I call the center-click issue; it's when your deck suddenly, or maybe not so suddenly, develops...a center click. I'm sure you know what I mean; when you apply pressure to the deck from either the backs or front and hear or feel a slight click within the deck.

Any ideas on how to relieve this click, or subdue it? I have heard a response once about how regular handling of the deck as well as Porper treatment might work. Gimme all your ideas and share your experience, for that is what this forum is for =)

Thanks guys, and girls

-AK

Jan 29, 2008
MPLS, MN
www.maydey.com
I know exactly what you're talking about bro, I've recently got into the Porper craze, the Classic Clip over @ DanandDave.com to be exact. Trust me bro, it's a worthwhile investment if you're serious about your card magic.

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
the 'click' is a result of a warp in the cards. to treat it, bow the cards and spring them, riffle shuffle them, just do what you would normally do to break a deck in. let them sit for a while afterwards, as decks can warp due to humidity aswell, not just due to your physical actions, so once you've done your breaking in of the deck, just put it down for a half hour, then come back to it.

just call me the deck doctor.

C!

timsilva

Elite Member
Nov 18, 2007
California
timsilva.com
Yeah, it happens while breaking a deck in sometimes, seems to have a lot to do with heating & cooling more so than how you handle the cards.

I don't know what the problem with it is though, I LOVE that little center click feeling personally. It works to your advantage when doing the deckflip too ;)

Sep 4, 2007
It works to your advantage when doing the deckflip too ;)

It also helps if you're spinning a face up card on a face down deck with one hand ;)

And well, a Porper works without problems for me. I've got a deck that I've been using for ages. I have the center-click issue sometimes, but as I live in Singapore, handling a deck of cards for any amount of time outside in the heat will probably do some unkind things to your deck. What I do is leave my deck in the Porper for a little while, maybe a few days.

Aug 31, 2007
Canada
Not to mention, if you get the two way click, where the deck will stay either clicked up, of down, depended which way you push, but it stays that way, it makes things like Derren Brown's Haunted deck easier.

Sep 1, 2007
California
Thanks for the advice guys! Well, It has been extremely hot down here in california for the past week and I guess my cards warped due to the heat because they never really respond to weather ... well, ever! I'll try out what u guys recommend and let you know how it comes along. Thanks =)

Nov 6, 2007
I dont' have a clue as to what you guys are talking about. I don't have this center click issue with any of my decks. I mean, my cards get bowed yes, but they're all bowed the same direction.

Sep 1, 2007
California
Quick respone

Well, bowing the cards is quite different. It's great to bow your cards to keep from natural breaks that may be unwanted, but center clicks are generally produced due to humidity and other heating conditions as heat warps cards. It really depends on where you keep your cards and how hot it is outside and if you possibly keep them near a computer such as a PC, but Mac's aren't a problem for that =)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results