Smooth Operations or Classic Clip?

Mar 30, 2008
Hey everyone. I just have a quick question. I'm a serious card magician, and I care about the quality of my cards as much as I care about the quality of my magic. I have been thinking of buying something from dananddave.com, but since I am young, I have limited money. I need to decide if I should get Smooth Operations or the Classic Clip. Any opinions? Feedback? Suggestions?

Nov 15, 2007
Ada Oklahoma
Well, if you don't have very much access to cards hen you may want to get the card clip. Smooth Operations is in limited print and I expect it to sell out by the end of next week (this is my guess, although I'll probably be wrong). The card guard will almost always be available to buy, but SO will not. It's your choice from here.

-SM

Oct 24, 2007
@ Glenn West:

Smooth Operations is a new book put out by Kevin Ho. He worked on it with Dan & Dave and is now selling it through dananddave.com. The trailer for it can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLIUsKnJFF0

@ InfinitiM13:

My advice would be to buy Smooth Operations. As Squirrel_Magix said, it's only in print for a limited time and will probably be sold out soon. Since card clips will be available and will not sell out, which means you can get them at another time, I would say buy Smooth Operations. Also, if you need some sort of make shift card clip (because I don't have on either), all you do is put your cards in their box. Then find a heave book, sit the deck on a hard surface, and put the book ontop of it. You can even add a weight on top of that. Works alright. Hope I was able to help! Peace!

Tyler

Nov 15, 2007
Ada Oklahoma
...all you do is put your cards in their box. Then find a heave book, sit the deck on a hard surface, and put the book ontop of it. You can even add a weight on top of that. Works alright...

Tyler

Quoted for truth. A slight alternative to that would be maybe putting a slim book (hardcover) on each (flat) side and then place the leg of your coffee table (if you have one) on the book that's on top. <Just an extra suggestion.

-SM

Nov 15, 2007
Ada Oklahoma
[Original];103402 said:
Well actually i've just bouhgt both but i think smooth operation will be best, the clip is just an accesorie.

P:M+Lazaroo

Seeing as how the only Clip I own is from E and it's the Gost clip. :confused: The Classic would be awesome to me, but still as of right now I would rather have SO.

-SM

Mar 14, 2008
Definitely Smooth Operations by Kevin Ho. You get so much more for your money. It seems like a no-brainer to me.

5 effects, 4 sleights, 3 productions and 2 flourishes vs. a single card clip

Feb 21, 2008
In Your Closet
Then find a heave book, sit the deck on a hard surface, and put the book ontop of it. You can even add a weight on top of that. Works alright. Hope I was able to help! Peace!

Tyler

Just a little tip guys:

DONT USE PHONE BOOKS. They are thin paper and sag over the sides of the cards
and bend them, thus ruining them. I did that with a new deck and had to throw it away.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Just a little tip guys:

DONT USE PHONE BOOKS. They are thin paper and sag over the sides of the cards
and bend them, thus ruining them. I did that with a new deck and had to throw it away.

You could still use a phone book. Just put a piece of wood or something of that nature over the deck first, and add some weight (the phone book).

Sep 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
Considering I have already have a couple of books that I need to work on... and dozens of cards, I would get the Card Clip. I do not own a Porper myself and I too had to decide which one to purchase. I have decided to get the CC instead of S.O since I already have a lot of materials I should work on before new materials.(Excluding SURFACED of course ;))

Sep 1, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I think the best approach would be to buy 46 copies of Smooth Operations, and then put those on top of your cards to straighten them out ;)

-Kev, The Virts

Although that is a fairly good idea, as Tyler said phonebooks will sag (since SO is paperback it may also sag. So you probably have to buy at least 48 copies.

Anyway, Get the regular Joe Porper clip if you want a good clip. The classic clip looks too much like the card guards you see around the 'net.

I would go with Smooth Operations for the limited-ness and effects.

LeeAsher

theory11 artist
Aug 31, 2007
Eugene, Oregon
www.leeasher.com
I purchased my copy of Smooth Operations late last week...

...received it today.

While I haven't read it throughly, Kevin Ho should be proud of his first work. It's got some hot stuff in there. Shout out to DB for the layout too - solid work.

On a side note, Coin2 arrived at the same time as Smooth Operations.

It's like Christmas in June!

I approve of them both...

Asher

ps. Looks like I'll be spending the summer practicing!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results