Impervious by Jeremy Hanrahan and Christopher Williams

This was my first coin in bottle purchase because I was always skeptical of all of the others as they all received mixed reviews. I finally decided to pick one up and I'm glad it was Impervious.

I don't exactly remember the names of the versions but I will update it once I watch the DVD again.

Version 1 (Christopher Williams):

This version is the one I use the most, you simply ask the spectator for a handful of change, you take a coin and put it on the side of the bottle, then with a rub, it goes right through. The version is deviously simple and everything looks perfectly normal which is what I love about it. When you rotate the bottle to show that nothing is inside, it truly looks amazing.

Version 2 (Jeremy Hanrahan):

Jeremy's version is basically the same, but has a killer display at the beginning. You can hold the bottle in your fingertips (one finger on the cap, one finger on the bottom) it looks beautiful and suspicions will all be put to rest with this display.

Bonus:

The bonus is a version sort of combining the two. Instead of placing the coin on the side, this version allows you to slam the coin through the bottle.

Factory Sealed?

People will ask whether this is able to be factory sealed, and Jeremy shows you a great way to have the bottle factory sealed. There is also a really really simple way to make it seem as if it is sealed.

If you are looking for a wonderful coin through bottle that you will use for years upon years, this is the one. When done right it looks so smooth and you're left with a great souvenir for your spectators. I've gotten great reactions.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Mitchell

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
It doesn't look all that bad, but I'm not much of a coin thru bottle guy, and it reminds me of sealed in. i really like doing more impromptu things, and obviously this isnt. but thats just my preference.
dM

Sep 1, 2007
Hong Kong
I've ordered the DVD a few days back and I can't wait to receive and watch it.

Just to remind you, Christopher Williams' version is called Ocular Perception, while Jeremy Hanrahan's handling is called Untouchable.

Which handling do you like best?

All i can say, is i am glad you like the DVD. I perform my handling EVERY week at my club gig. I am fortunate that as a performer, who works in a night club on Friday and Saturday nights, i carry a bottle of water around me all the time to keep hydrated. When working in a hot environment, i find it important to keep water on me. I perform this to EVERYONE, and it NEVER ceases to amaze people

Sep 28, 2007
From what I read sounds a lot like E's "Factory Sealed' CTB execpt that in this version the method can be hazerdous for sealing up the bottle....not good.

Sep 17, 2007
Uh, not quite, MagicZen. There's little more to it than that. With Christopher's version, the spectator can clearly hear the seal breaking as the bottle is opened. And his method is very easy to do. Not dangerous at all.

Aug 31, 2007
California
I love the effect.

I find it VERY visual and very easy to perform. Yeah, there is a setup... Is that surprising? I mean honestly.

It will take literally a second to set this effect up.

Great effect, thank you Chris.

Keenan

Sep 17, 2007
MagicZen, you're not getting what I'm saying. While there is some pretnding involved, there is a technique to it. And it's very convincing.

if you honestly think that there is any technique which will allow you to place a coin into a genuinely factory sealed bottle with absolutely no prep, then you are expecting real magic, which not even the holy E CIB's will deliver. You might be able to apparently push a coin through an untampered bottle but it will be an illusion... you know, pretend.

MagicZen, you're not getting what I'm saying. While there is some pretnding involved, there is a technique to it. And it's very convincing.

if you honestly think that there is any technique which will allow you to place a coin into a genuinely factory sealed bottle with absolutely no prep, then you are expecting real magic, which not even the holy E CIB's will deliver. You might be able to apparently push a coin through an untampered bottle but it will be an illusion... you know, pretend.
This is so true, people seem to be proclaiming the latest and greatest CIB's as if you could truly penetrate a coin through a bottle. That won't happen, there will always be a technique involved, and so far, this is the closest to a REAL CIB I've come across.

Mitchell

Sep 28, 2007
While there is some pretnding involved,

It's because you can't let them examine the bottle immediately, makes it not as convincing as handing it to them and letting them break the seal like in the original effect Factory Sealed that hit the magic world years ago when it was first introduce to the IBM.

I don't know, this pretend handling jazz to me is something anyone can do.
It's nice for impromptu situations, but not as strong.

The whole idea behind the penetration and bottle position is not at all original.
I don't get this "handling" to pretend to open a bottle to be orignal either.

The one nice original thing though, was Jeremy Hanrahan's hold...That was good.
I hope to see more of Jeremy. He had some innovative ideas that I found original.

Cheers to gentleman Jeremy Hanrahan!

This is so true, people seem to be proclaiming the latest and greatest CIB's as if you could truly penetrate a coin through a bottle. That won't happen, there will always be a technique involved,

The more practical the better.
I look forward to learning the most practical and most effective.
The original Factory Sealed effect is said to be a monster.
Most effective penetration that IS practical and STILL way ahead of anything poppin up these days. It's nice to have alternate routes though, but I'll keep my sites out for the classic effect that the pros in the magic world have cherished for so long.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's because you can't let them examine the bottle immediately, makes it not as convincing as handing it to them and letting them break the seal like in the original effect Factory Sealed that hit the magic world years ago when it was first introduce to the IBM.

I don't know, this pretend handling jazz to me is something anyone can do.
It's nice for impromptu situations, but not as strong.

The whole idea behind the penetration and bottle position is not at all original.
I don't get this "handling" to pretend to open a bottle to be orignal either.

The one nice original thing though, was Jeremy Hanrahan's hold...That was good.
I hope to see more of Jeremy. He had some innovative ideas that I found original.

Cheers to gentleman Jeremy Hanrahan!

Those methods are not very practical and quite time consuming

The more practical the better.
I look forward to learning the most practical and most effective.
The original Factory Sealed effect is said to be a monster.
Most effective penetration that IS practical and STILL way ahead of anything poppin up these days. It's nice to have alternate routes though, but I'll keep my sites out for the classic effect that the pros in the magic world have cherished for so long.
Factory Sealed isn't out yet, so before you start proclaiming it as the best, let's wait for it to actually reach your DVD player. If you NEED the best handling and can't use these because you keep getting caught, then there's nothing wrong with the handling, but with your presentation.

Mitchell

Sep 29, 2007
Forum Floors
Mitchell,

No need to harp on another member's presentation, especially one you have not seen. You're above that.

Factory Sealed is an original effect of an osmosis-like infusion penetration applied to a full, unopened bottle.
Long in existence to a privlidged circle of magi.

Upon reading Magic Zen's post, I don't believe HE, himself was proclaiming anything...just stating the facts about FACTORY SEALED's long succesful performance history and awaiting to learn all its secrets that have been kept sacred for years.
Those who've known about it and/or used it, continue to come forward vouching it is light years of its time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mitchell,

No need to harp on another member's presentation, especially one you have not seen. You're above that.

Factory Sealed is an original effect of an osmosis-like infusion penetration applied to a full, unopened bottle.
Long in existence to a privlidged circle of magi.

Upon reading Magic Zen's post, I don't believe HE, himself was proclaiming anything...just stating the facts about FACTORY SEALED's long succesful performance history and awaiting to learn all its secrets that have been kept sacred for years.
Those who've known about it and/or used it, continue to come forward vouching it is light years of its time.
Ok... good for it, doesn't change the fact that it's not out yet and people who don't own it are proclaiming it to be the greatest thing since Arnold's performance in "True Lies".

Mitchell

Sep 29, 2007
Forum Floors
Factory Sealed has actually been "out" for years. (just not available to everyone)
The post I've encountered we're from those who have performed with it.

But, yes you're right...There ARE some post from the over excited who anticiapte the full public release.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results