Cards as Weapons :: Ricky Jay

Sep 1, 2007
Let me first say that I think card throwing is an invaluable skill to have as a magician. It's just plain damn cool.

Now, this is not so much a review as a recommendation. I picked this up used a while ago and never really looked at it. Recently, I got into card throwing, boomerangs, etc. and dug Jay's book up.

Jay's methods and tricks have helped me tremendously in the short time I've been into scaling pasteboards across variable expanses. It's also a good read. There's a whole section on the history of card throwing, and a nice assortment of photos of nude women with cards.

So get this. It's got history, humor, technique, and naked women (and plenty of pictures of Ricky Jay--clothed--for the ladies). That's a good read in my book.

Sep 1, 2007
theres like two pictures i think anyway its a pretty funny book

Yeah, it's a hilarious book. Ricky Jay used to be a pretty wacky guy back when he had long hair. There's actually a video up on Bunnyboy of him way back in the 70's or something.

Sep 1, 2007
I actually got it used a few years ago.

On Amazon, you can get it cheap for around $200.

May 7, 2008
You can find it in the $100 range if you hunt for it (and you don't have to hunt very hard).

Sep 1, 2007
Rick Smith Jr...

Is this the same Ricky Smith Character who knows Dan and Dave Buck, or are they different people?

Hmmm...

Come to think of it, I have never seen either of them in the same room together...

Sep 1, 2007
Houston TX
ill comment and say that Ricky Smith Jr. (card throwing pitcher) has a dvd on card shooting and throwing etc... it seemed to me that ricky smiths video was very much similar to Ricky Jays book.

Ricky Jay has lots of great stuff in that book
things like: the long distant spinner and other moves similar. as well as many grips to how to throw a card (for distance, accuracy etc...)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results