Impervious by Jeremy Hanrahan and Christopher Williams

It's because you can't let them examine the bottle immediately, makes it not as convincing as handing it to them and letting them break the seal like in the original effect Factory Sealed that hit the magic world years ago when it was first introduce to the IBM.

I don't know, this pretend handling jazz to me is something anyone can do.
It's nice for impromptu situations, but not as strong.

The whole idea behind the penetration and bottle position is not at all original.
I don't get this "handling" to pretend to open a bottle to be orignal either.

The one nice original thing though, was Jeremy Hanrahan's hold...That was good.
I hope to see more of Jeremy. He had some innovative ideas that I found original.

Cheers to gentleman Jeremy Hanrahan!

Those methods are not very practical and quite time consuming

The more practical the better.
I look forward to learning the most practical and most effective.
The original Factory Sealed effect is said to be a monster.
Most effective penetration that IS practical and STILL way ahead of anything poppin up these days. It's nice to have alternate routes though, but I'll keep my sites out for the classic effect that the pros in the magic world have cherished for so long.

So sorry you don't like my handling, i didn't expect everyone to. Thanks for the nice comments guys, but you won't change his mind. Atleast he is happy with Jeremys contribution.

Now, when i create effects, i dont think 'What will other Magicians like and use...'. I create for what will work for me, when i perform. Now, to me, performing a factory sealed version isn't practical, or a worker. Why? Because you would have to have lots of set up sealed bottles!
When i perform, i use the same bottle over and over, and it is the bottle i drink out of after, and AT each table, as when you talk, your mouth can get a little dry. Spectators dont care that the coin was too big to come out, or if it was factory sealed, a coin penetrated a bottle, thats the magic part! Solid thru solid! now, yes there are bonuses for that one off factory sealed, bigger coin version, but it doesnt work at EVERY table how i intended myself to perform it. I created it for ME, for ME to use at MY gigs.

As for impromptu handlings...how can you get stronger? What would you be more impressed with, impromptu, or the knowledge of a few hour set up! I know which i prefer...

The handling as far as i know is original to me, and i havent seen another like it, else i wouldnt have released it. I use ONE move which i take NO credit for, and that is Lubor Fielders roll, which i credit on the DVD, i learned it from Alex Wards DVD. My handling looked like it does on the DVD, without that move before i learned it. I found the move sets up the effect perfectly!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
UK
Factory Sealed has actually been "out" for years. (just not available to everyone)
The post I've encountered we're from those who have performed with it.

But, yes you're right...There ARE some post from the over excited who anticiapte the full public release.

Yes 'Factory Sealed' has been something Nick Verna has performed for years, but the only other person who knows the method who has given any info is Justin Miller... Brad Christian aswell, but mainly Justin.

As far as im aware, Nick-V has not shared the method with anyone other than the Ellusionist team.
All other posts are by performers who have witnessed it and would love to know it, and they are waiting on it's release just like everyone else.

Impervious is amazing and the CIB that I use.

Factory Sealed sounds amazing and im sure it will be, but no-one other than Nick-V and team E know the workings and so no one other than those can comment on the practicality, difficulty and visualness of the effect.
All comments from anyone else should be taken as speculation as that's what it is.
Im looking forward to 'Factory Sealed' as much as anyone else, but that doesn't change the fact that Impervious is a fantastic cib and at this time THE cib to use.

I think some of you are missing the point, i think i do remember another CIB released years ago called Factory sealed...it was shown at a convention in a competition in the UK, and it got incredible reactions...i think it was released in limited numbers...i could be wrong, that was a long time ago now though...

Jeremy Hanrahan

Craftsman, <a href="http://www.theory11.com/gear/h
Sep 1, 2007
Simcoe Ontario Canada
It's because you can't

The one nice original thing though, was Jeremy Hanrahan's hold...That was good.
I hope to see more of Jeremy. He had some innovative ideas that I found original.

Cheers to gentleman Jeremy Hanrahan!

Well thanks alot man, I appriciate the recognition. I pride myself in being original and go to great length to ensure I am not stepping on other creators shoes. Not only did I research the history of the CIB"S but also looked at other creators personal handlings both in and out of print. I also contacted creators in different camps to see if my method was original or possibly the same as theirs. Out of respect, I contacted Nick Verna about my method before the release,as he has done exstensive work in penatrations effects. He amicably replied that not only was he not using this method but he in fact liked it, and wished me well. As for the other portions on the dvd, which I am not responsible for,he would not comment. If you are interested in finding out what else I have in the "works", please pm or e-mail me.

Regards,
Jeremy Hanrahan
Creator of Untouchable

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeremy Hanrahan

Craftsman, <a href="http://www.theory11.com/gear/h
Sep 1, 2007
Simcoe Ontario Canada
Jeremy,

Is it possible to just pick up "Untouchable"?
It will be.I am shooting Untouchable the way is was suppose to be shot. I will have more then 15 mins lol. I plan on showing all the ins and outs, alternate handlings and my oversized coin in bottle version. I can not wait for everyone to see the dvd, but the work Graeme Reed will be putting into this. His editting style is second to none, but I will let his work speak for itself.

Regards,
Jeremy Hanrahan

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results