Trouble Creating Routine

Sep 1, 2007
There's really no need to be scared to perform, it's all in your head. Just remember that your the magician and that you have complete control. You have to let your spectators know that you have complete control and to do that you yourslef has to know that you have complete control. Make sense? It's hard to put in words but just remember that your the one who has control over everything.

Sep 1, 2007
theres a chance ill quit magic.

Are you serious? After all the countless hours you put into practicing, you're now considering quitting?

Here's what I think you should do. Find a few effects that you know really well, and that you know you couldn't mess up. Stuff like a two card transposition. Go perform them.

Once you've crossed the barrier and start performing a lot, you'd feel a lot more comfortable and then you could move on to the bigger stuff, as FatalAce said.

Good luck.

Dec 22, 2007
Are you serious? After all the countless hours you put into practicing, you're now considering quitting?

yea......:(

but ill try to start performing again. i dont even know if i should have a routine rather than just doing a trick and leaving.

Sep 1, 2007
C'mon! Don't give up magic!

Have faith. If you can do it in front of the mirror, then you can do it too in front of an audience.

I'd say be spontaneous, don't have a set script yet. Start routining when you're more comfortable.

Don't be afraid of messing up. It happens to all of us, it's part of learning.

Get out there and perform! Good luck!

Dec 22, 2007
ok, thanks, im gunna go to the park today, ill try to find a group to perform for.

its been 2 months since i last performed. last time i did, i got great reactions, a pop, a burger(they were BBQing) and 2 dollars. :) i think it was like 15-20 people.

anyways, i think Ill do a transpo, then biddle trick, then an ACR. I hope I dont get owned with bad reactions.

Sep 1, 2007
ok, thanks, im gunna go to the park today, ill try to find a group to perform for.

its been 2 months since i last performed. last time i did, i got great reactions, a pop, a burger(they were BBQing) and 2 dollars. :) i think it was like 15-20 people.

anyways, i think Ill do a transpo, then biddle trick, then an ACR. I hope I dont get owned with bad reactions.

Thats the spirit!

Thats a great choice. Use the card from the biddle trick for the ACR. I'm also glad to hear your last performance was a success.

Good luck! I'm sure you'll do well. Looking forward to hear about it.

Dec 22, 2007
ok i went to the park but i was too scared. there were many people but they didnt look as if they wanted to see anything.
yea im a failure. my life sucks.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
ok i went to the park but i was too scared. there were many people but they didnt look as if they wanted to see anything.
yea im a failure. my life sucks.

Dude, it's ok! Get out there and try again! We've all been scared before, I've chickened out many times. But you know you'll feel great when you finally do it and you entertain the heck out of them. I believe in you, don't quite, you're not a failure, your life doesn't suck. Now get off your computer and go try again!

Dec 22, 2007
Dude, it's ok! Get out there and try again! We've all been scared before, I've chickened out many times. But you know you'll feel great when you finally do it and you entertain the heck out of them. I believe in you, don't quite, you're not a failure, your life doesn't suck. Now get off your computer and go try again!

nah, its getting dark.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
idk if i should. people are busy doing crap at parks. and the rest of my town is boring, and people dont walk or hang out, there no point to try to perform.

They're at a park... obviously it's their spare time. They have nothing better to do. Just make sure you don't go to someone with a dog or something. Or if they're watching their children. But if they're just sitting there doing nothing, go for it. There is a point to try to perform- not only do you gain experience, but you bring entertainment and joy to peoples' lives... even if just for a moment. Go out and show the world what you can do!

Dec 22, 2007
They're at a park... obviously it's their spare time. They have nothing better to do. Just make sure you don't go to someone with a dog or something. Or if they're watching their children. But if they're just sitting there doing nothing, go for it. There is a point to try to perform- not only do you gain experience, but you bring entertainment and joy to peoples' lives... even if just for a moment. Go out and show the world what you can do!

most people there are with kids, maybe thats why they look so busy.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
most people there are with kids, maybe thats why they look so busy.

Key word there being most. Look, here's the deal... you need to stop making excuses. My guess is that deep down inside, you don't want to perform. That's why you couldn't do it today at the park, and that's why you won't do it tomorrow. Maybe you need to rethink why you're doing this, maybe you're just "rusty". But if you want to stay in this art, you need to get out there and perform.

Dec 22, 2007
i do want to perform, but i just hate goin through all the trouble like walking around a whole park just for one performance.

Apr 14, 2008
You need to stop being so hard on yourself and have a totally different attitude. Why have you put in all of these hours in to practice if you don't want to perform? Next time you're out at the park or walking around town spring the cards, get confident and show somebody something even if it's just one trick. My hands would shake so damn bad when i first started to perform.... guess what!? .... each time it goes away a little bit more and eventually you get over it. Everyone screws up once in a while and it will happen less and less as time goes on. You need to have a couple sure fire tricks ready to go like an easy transpo or acr. these are (for the most part) just dl's with very little heat. Start talking to people and getting comfortable being a people person, that will help you the next time you approach someone. Quit ragging on yourself, get off your ass and perform some killer magic tomorrow. That's my pair of pennies.

Dec 22, 2007
OMG I want to go but now im doubting my ACR cuz im scared theyll see that my bluff pass isnt really half a deck, and now im scared and depressed. im on the verge of becoming suicidal.:(:(:(

Magic is one of the most amazing art forms there is today. For many tricks you don't even have to use patter o words. You can use gestures and nods. All you need to do is simply relax and start to perform formfriends and family. they will give you support and you will feel better around them. Work on patter with them. Enentually you will find that two unlike tricks actually work well in a routine together. for example, I can bring Stigmata right into an ambitious card then intocard to pocket. If you develop some of these skills they will begin to work with eachother.

Dylan P.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results