Motion for Beginners?

Jun 5, 2008
Oregon
Can a beginner at flourishing pick this DVD up and be able to perform what is on the video? One more question, what would be recommended for a beginner at flourishing?

Dec 13, 2007
Well the skill level is 8 and since most of the flourishes are in lethal I can tell you it's not for begginers. Hopefully this thread can help you out. It has great advice for begginers.

The 8 isn't for the whole DVD; its for that particular flourish they showed in the preview.

Dec 13, 2007
i can't really judge cuz i don't know how much you already know

the flourishes range from skill level 3-9... but i'm not sure i would get this if you are a beginner

but for the record... the flourishes on this dvd are just so much fun to practice... that feeling you get when u did your first good fan thats the feeling i get from doing these flourishes

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
It was our goal with the Motion DVD to create something for everyone. Each move in the video is rated at a skill level - 1 being easy, 10 being expert. Within the video, the moves range all the way from a 3 (not too difficult) all the way to an 8 (very difficult). That said, there's pretty much something for those on all ability levels.

Each move is explained with incredibly detailed instruction - on-screen text, multiple camera angles, vocal instruction, and additional tips by d+M. We wanted to make sure that each move was able to be learned and used.

Would I recommend Motion for a stone cold beginner? Not necessarily, as you'd want to first establish a basic comfort with card handling and basic moves. But if you're really ready to learn cardistry and flourishing, and you're willing to put in some practice time, go for it. With some time, dedication, and practice, nothing is out of your reach.

Jun 8, 2008
Yeah I'm a beginner and I'm getting a lot better. Id get the DVD just to watch, everyone needs a goal to shoot for. When ever I get kinda bored of practicing cards I pop in the trilogy and watch Dan & Dave, It gives me motivation and drive to practice and get better and better.

JoeCarr

Banned
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
if your new to flourishing, it would be a waste of money at this time, purchase a dvd like extreme beginners or back to basics 'capcuts', as even though it is good to aspire too and learn from, it would make a lot more sense to spend your money on a real beginner flourish dvd, get the grips and basics down, then a little more advanced stuff (sybils etc) then go for this dvd. It is a great purchase, but not for a complete beginner. It may have beignner material, but its not the right DVD for you. Wait half a year or so, then go for it.

edit: although taught, it would be annoying going into this dvd not being able to sybil, revolution, or even swing cut...

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results