Dangerous vs Trilogy

Mar 2, 2008
Which one has better tricks and better teaching? Plus which DVD is harder to learn from? I can't decide which one to get.

Mar 2, 2008
Yea i know i just missed spelled it and realized. whatever. Just please try to ignore that and answer my question?

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Yea i know i just missed spelled it and realized. whatever. Just please try to ignore that and answer my question?

Sorry to be a Johnny Raincloud, but your Shift button seems to be malfunctioning... you might want to look into that. :rolleyes: All right, I'll stop now and let somebody answer your question. I can't, because I don't own either. But I figured I'd just let you know your Shift button's broke. You're welcome. :D

Feb 27, 2008
France
It's two differents dvd from "two" differents artists.....
Own firstly the trilogy and secondly dangerous.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 2755

I currently don't have Dangerous, but Trilogy is most likely better and here is why.

1. Tricks. Dangerous will obviously features some hard hitting stuff, but most of Madison's stuff requires a gimmick and a bunch of pre work. The effects on Dangerous might be more fun, but Trilogy is almost all completely impromptu. No gimmicks required.

2. Everything Else is an amazing DVD. You will learn false cuts, new double lifts, some cool flourishes, a cool lepaul spread, snap change, and more. If you are new to flourishing there is the Flourishing 101 section. (I learned the Sybil cut from there.)

The Trilogy is only 25 bucks more if you get it from T11. Sure it is more expensive, but there is A LOT MORE information to be learned from the Trilogy. However, Dangerous I'm sure is amazing. Both are amazing. However, I would recommend owning the Trilogy first.

-Doug

Sep 1, 2007
1. Tricks. Dangerous will obviously features some hard hitting stuff, but most of Madison's stuff requires a gimmick and a bunch of pre work. The effects on Dangerous might be more fun, but Trilogy is almost all completely impromptu. No gimmicks required.

Not a single gimmicked illusion in Madisons dvd.

Apr 28, 2008
It seems many people saying The Trilogy is better obviously don't own Dangerous. Watching the trailers does not mean you are in a position to say which one is better.

Both are brilliant DVD sets and it would be very difficult to say that one is better than the other. The effects on Dangerous have great angles and are practical for the real world, as you can see in the performance section. While I love some of the effects on The Trilogy I think they are best for smaller groups of people.

I haven't tried any of the effects from Dangerous yet but they appear to be A LOT more powerful to audiences than the ones on The Trilogy. I think this is because in effects from The Trilogy spectators very rarely get to touch the cards or play any part in the magic, in Dangerous they are touching cards all the time.

In 'Show me a trick' moments The Trilogy probably wins, but if you're at a party and performing for 10+ people the effects from Dangerous would hit so much harder.
None of the effects on either DVD are gimmicked and can all be done with a regular deck.

Oct 11, 2007
I own both, and i would say actually to get dangerous. I like his flourishes better because of speed of his flourishes and look cleaner. I personally like his style better. The tricks /methods are different that you won't find in other places which i like. I am a big person who likes methods so then i can make my own adaptations of the tricks. Their are good tricks and very USABLE tricks on the Dangerous DVD. Trilogy I can not say their is much if any that i actually use on a regular basis.
A lot of the tricks use kinda the same method and i just mean kinda. But it shows the versatility of the sleight and what you can actually get away with. I would pick dangerous hands down.

Sep 5, 2007
I would recommond the Dangerous since I am a "small hand" (sort of) person and d+M's flourish is much easier for me to do in somehow but Trilogy, I tried a lot and still can't get it. So, I will say get Dangerous.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results