I Need Suggestions!

Jun 11, 2008
Neww Jerseyy
Whats up T11, i need some help with a situation alright? Listen im going somewhere with this girl and my friends, and the girl is going only to see me<duh:)... but anyways, i told her i do magic and i was thinking of showing some stuff from the Trilogy and two card monte and Maybe Panic... BUT im not the BEST at tricks from trilogy yet and my friends know the two card monte from youtube :mad: , and without those effects i dont wanna just do panic, My Bday is thursday and im gettin Xbox 360, and Dangerous, Brick of Gaurdians,DD,5 speed, and Surfaced when it comes out and maybe more. But im going on saturday and that wont be here in time! So what should i perform? i have Trilogy SET- PANIC-Control-Real secrets of magic Vol.2 (David Stone), and Extreme Burn... What should i do?

Steve

Banned
Dec 4, 2007
Wow you have less than a week to become a "magician". I mean you have less than a week to buy tricks, so you can call yourself a magician. It's so sad to always see the question "What tricks should I buy or do." I would suggest you buy 807 tricks, use the exact patter that comes with the trick and then perfrom the tricks 5 mins after you get them in the mail. The sad thing is you will most definintly do this!

Oct 19, 2007
i say extreme burn I have it and get some of my best reactions with it but if I had to choose I would rather go with prophet

ps. you should try a money routine starting with extreme burn or prophet an ending with fraud

Sep 1, 2007
USA
Any of the effects you feel comfortable performing from the trilogy.

yeah... whatever you feel comfortable with... and even do some that you don't feel completely comfortable with... you might be surprised what you can do :D

May 10, 2008
Yeah, whatever you know well and won't screw up on. 5 speed is also really easy to perform and you can perform it within 24 hours of learning it with enough practice. Just be careful with some of the effects in the trilogy because some of the sleights are rather hard to do completely correctly.

Also you can never go wrong with some quick ambitious card routines and a double backer. Not everything has to be a incredibly hard, bonafide miracle.

(Doesn't mean you shouldnt try your best though:))

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
I agree with zeanator, i work alot better under pressure. I was never good at TiVo 2.0 at the "pull out" part, but i decide to performe to my friend (who is magician, and i wanted some feedback), i did it perfectly. He didnt see a thing, so who knows, maybe this can happen to you.

As for the 2 card monte, use totally different pattern from what they have seen on youtube. You can present it as a memory test, a gambling skills, teleportation, time machine (if you switch Jacks with Kings and say that they got older in just two seconds, and that your hands is a time machine, or something like that...). And your friends will never know what is going to happen until the very end, and i dont think that they will put you down by discovering a method, in front of that girl...

Jun 11, 2008
Neww Jerseyy
WOW never thought of putting 2 card monte in that way, i think ill try it like that. And shadow your correct trilogy has very hard sleights but, i do perform them somethimes but i just HATE messing up, thats the thing in card magic you NEED skill... one bad flash and the trick is ruined!

Steve

Banned
Dec 4, 2007
[Original];104842 said:
Why did you've just REal secrets of magic vol 2?
The first one is vey good too...

I really hope your magic isn't as bad as your grammer!

"Why did you've just REal secrets of magic vol 2?"

... is this english?

timsilva

Elite Member
Nov 18, 2007
California
timsilva.com
Firstly, don't call yourself a magician unless you can perform several effective tricks cleanly and consistently. I don't want to sound rude, but if you cannot do enough effects confidently, then it isn't wise to tell people you do magic. It's fine to show a girl magic (make sure it's not for the wrong reasons of course), but don't get yourself into something you can't handle.

With that said, it is happening anyways, so just do some simple tricks that you know well. 2 Card Monte should be fine, just tell you friends not to shout out how its done, or just show the girl when you're alone.

Also, you don't need to do too many tricks, sometimes 1 or 2 tricks can hit the hardest and leave them wanting more.

Good luck, and remember to practice. A lot of work goes into developing these tricks, make sure you can do them well enough to not give the secrets away and to make them as good as possible. That goes for all tricks.

Oct 13, 2007
Magic

Most of the ideas coming from people in this thread should be helpful to you, but doing something magical at a "random" moment in time can hit even harder. For example, if the both of you are going to buy some cotton candy or something then would be a perfect time to hit them with a extreme burn because you didn't have "enough" money. This seemingly spontaneous piece of magic can hit harder then doing it just while you are just sitting around.

Oct 6, 2007
This could quite possibly be one of the stupidest threads I've ever seen.

Firstly, your description of basically pimpin by doing magic was...lame.
Secondly, you're treating magic like a toy, not an art.

How can you not be able to decide what to perform? Isn't it blindly OBVIOUS that you should perform whatever you're comfortable with?

Don't you ahve any magic books? Or are you just a 'glory' magic purchaser (new word)- basically meaning you only buy what's hot.

Do what you're comfortable with, and don't use magic to impress this girl. Especially since you sound like a it's actually a LIFE and DEATH situation.

Mar 30, 2008
DC
You seem like a beginner to magic so I will say this:

Start with the basics. Don't start off by learning stuff on the Trilogy, or doing DD, etc. Go for simple magic that will teach you to create your own patter and your own style of magic. Treat magic like an art, not a tool used to get a chick. If you do that IT WILL NEVER WORK.

Get some basic fundamental downloads or books (you know, the things you read to learn), and learn how to perform effective tricks before you go out and just buy magic tricks that are hot on the market. You have five days. Take some cash, go to Giant or any supermarket where they sell gift cards, buy an american express gift card and download something that will teach you how to become an artist (of magic), and then learn simple and effective tricks along the lines of This, That, and the Other.

If you want to get all these tricks just to get this girl, don't even think about it. Magic does not help you get it on. It is a good icebreaker, but you need to give in more than just magic.

Keeping that in mind, learn some simple effects, learn how to present them, and then go in whatever direction you want to go.

Also, pm me your Xbox 360 gamertag when you get Xbox Live

Jun 11, 2008
Neww Jerseyy
LOL thanks Praven i understand what your sayin, and im not really a begginer i know many things... Also im not tryin to "pimp" her with magic i just told her and she wanted to see, no big deal.

And ill let you know about my gamertag ASAP

Well, I would suggest performing only what you feel comfortable doing. you could always practice trilogy tricks for the next few days. I think that you only need to show one trick that is perfect instead of 5 tricks that are a little shaky. so maybe perfect 1 or 2 tricks and do those. if they are good and have some good patter and what not then she'll be impressed.

Dylan P.

Nov 10, 2007
Im not sure when you are going but you should practice a sandwich routine or biddle trick you can PM me if you want to know more.
Those are 2 tricks I always get amazing reactions with out on the streets!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results