Card controls

Mar 27, 2008
What controls do you mainly use and which ones are the best? I mainly use the hindu shuffle control to maintain the top cards.

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
heavy question...

for a control to top i use, variously...

-riffle pass
-gilles coutures automatic break control
-double undercut
-invisible turnover pass
-flip flop plop (harris)

for a control to bottom...

-gilles coutures automatic break control (versatile!)
-ackerman varies kelly control (invisible bottom placement)
-convincing control (original handling)

C!

D

DavidLira360

Control to top:

Invisible pass;
Herman pass;
Full turn over pass;
Half turn over pass;

Control to bottom:

Mike´s move;
Side Steal by Marc DeSouza;

Feb 21, 2008
I use either Dribble pass of Gregory Wilson's Backstage pass. And if there is too much heat on my hands, I might use Hindu shuffle control or Double under cut followed by some false shuffles.

Sep 1, 2007
On the off beat I will just cut the card to the top. I did it once when someone was staring at my hand and I still got away with it. Other times it will be the riffle pass or double undercut. For the bottom I will use the hindu shuffle control(yes there is one that can control to the bottom)
Cheers
Andrew

Apr 28, 2008
If i'm standing i'll use a classic pass or if i'm at a table then i'll use a table tap pass. However, if the spectators are staring at my hands determined to catch me i'll use an overhand shuffle control or pulp friction.

Sep 1, 2007
Houston TX
you can learn the cascade control in Card Finesse 2 by Jon Racherbaumer

my favorite controls are:
Bow-to-Stern Control (from Proteus in "by forces unseen")
Classic Pass
Marlo's Multiple Shift
Marlo Tilt
Hofzinser Cull (Expert Card Technique)
4 for 4 switch (as a control)
Out jogged Herman Shift (Aaron Fisher)
Midnight Shift (Secrets Draun from the Underground by Richard Kaufman & Steve Draun)
Cascade Control

Nov 6, 2007
But are classic and riffle pass the same?

Same style of pass, different cover.

My favorite method of control is the dribble pass because I tend to dribble the cards frequently anyhow, and you can delay the actual pass as long as you want. You can even give the deck a few twirls or whatnot before you make the pass if you have a jog or crimp, although I rarely use crimps myself.

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
Bow-To-Stern Control (Still practicing this)
Longitudinal Swivel Steal (My favourite steal)
Convincing Control (Ernest Earick Handling)
Double Undercut (Please don't underestimate this)
Pass (Appropriate to the situation)
Mike's Move

Possibly my favourite is an open triple cut to a break. It just feels so casual and non-chalant for me to do that and I think that it comes across to a spectator and there's no tension in what I'm doing. I'm comfortable and so's my spectator.

- Sean

Mar 27, 2008
But what controls do you use so that the top/bottom card remains? And I still can't do the pass, should I start learning it? And where could I find a good tutorial for it?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results