Card controls

Mar 27, 2008
But I though that swing cut and charlier cut can be used as pass too. And all the dribble and riffle passes are actually classic passes but with different ending right?

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
The Fan Control is actually one of my favorite controls. It's simple, deceptive, all that jazz... what more could you want? But I still use things like a Double Lift, Pass ,Tilt, etc. But one of the best controls, and similar to Fan Control in the fact that the spectator can shuffle the deck as much as they want, is just Top Palming their card off the deck and having them shuffled them up. Then take it back and add it to the top. But I've never actually used this in a performance- I'm not that comfortable with palming yet.

Jun 18, 2008
USA
To force a card upon a spectator, I use the Classic Force. Almost never fails.

To control a card to the top:
- Pendulum Cut
- Barrel Pass (original flourishy-ish pass)
- Classic Pass/Classic Dribble Pass
- Dribble Pass (handling by Luke Jermay; angly at times)
- Swingset Control (table or in-the-hands variation; Terry LaGerould)

To control a card to the bottom:
- Spread Cull
- Classic Pass/Classic Dribble Pass
- Dribble Slip [to Bottom] (I found out about this on my own; however, someone may have created it/published it before me, so I don't know who to credit.)

If you want to keep a card on the top/bottom, your best bet is to use a false cut/shuffle or simply palm it off.

Feb 27, 2008
France
For controling a card to the top there's many techniques (also for controling to the bottom ^^) and it's will be too long to names them in 30 sec.....Anyways.
So my favoritemethod is M I S S D I R E C T I O N. Simply....

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
May 8, 2008
England
Misdirection :)

Mainly overhand shuffle control, just a undercut or a classic pass.

I want to learn Mike's move and fan control...

Dec 11, 2007
To the top:
Double Undercut
Pass (Most of the time I use Herman-style passes)
Cascade Control

To the bottom:
Double Undercut
Mike's Move
Pass
Convincing Control

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results