UltraGaff - Marked

Jun 15, 2008
Hi guys, I received the newest Gaff deck and DVD from ellusionist lately, and I saw the trick called 'Marked'.

In case you don't know how the effect is like:
A red deck of cards is introduced. A card is selected, the magician explains that he's gonna mark that card using two ways (which I don't really know what's the purpose of marking that card), the first way is to have the spectator have their name signed on the face of that card and the second way is to change the colour of the back of the card. By wiping the back of the selected card, part of the card actually changed into blue back. With a little blow, the entire back of the card changes into a blue one.

I try performing the effect, the reactions I got were really good seriously. But I just think that the routine is a little bit too short, and I asked myself: (what the hell am I suppose to do with the blue card??).

I hope you guys can give me some ideas to continue the routine after I peformed marked. :)

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
Hmm, well just an idea that came to my mind is the following:

You're left with a blue card right? Why not say something like "You know the problem now of course? Well it's blue... That means it can't be from this deck. Here you can do a card to sealed deck using any method of your choice. Daniel Madison has one in his pdf called Three or III you can purchase it here: Link.

You continue to say "In fact, this card is just the power of your imagination, your card hasn't even been touched yet. It's sealed... In this deck. Here you reveal the sealed deck, open it and reveal in whichever manner you please.

This is just an idea that came to my mind and is probably what I'd do with it if I wanted to continue on with their signed card.

I'm not sure how experienced you are so you'll have to tell us where you think you could go with it and perhaps the kind of thing you want to do with it and we can guide you in the right direction. :)

- Sean

Jun 15, 2008
Hmm, well just an idea that came to my mind is the following:

You're left with a blue card right? Why not say something like "You know the problem now of course? Well it's blue... That means it can't be from this deck. Here you can do a card to sealed deck using any method of your choice. Daniel Madison has one in his pdf called Three or III you can purchase it here: Link.

You continue to say "In fact, this card is just the power of your imagination, your card hasn't even been touched yet. It's sealed... In this deck. Here you reveal the sealed deck, open it and reveal in whichever manner you please.

This is just an idea that came to my mind and is probably what I'd do with it if I wanted to continue on with their signed card.

I'm not sure how experienced you are so you'll have to tell us where you think you could go with it and perhaps the kind of thing you want to do with it and we can guide you in the right direction. :)

- Sean

Thanks alot, but I don't really have the ability to get Daniel madison's journal, although I really like that trick. Is there any other impromptu tricks that I can continue it with?

Peace:D

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
How impromptu?

If you're feeling up to it, you could do a deck switch to a blue deck with a red card on top, do a simple colour change of your choice and reveal the deck change.

Just another option but involves a purchase, you might want to take a look at David Forrest's Colour Burn, colour changing deck routine. You could again utilise a deck switch in this.

It depends really, what do you think you could do with it? What do you want to do?

- Sean

PTG

Jun 15, 2008
In a cave.
If you switched the routine around and started with a blue deck and ended up with one red card, then you could say that the card was "blushing" And then have them "blow" the card a kiss. From there, show a Hershey Kiss on the back of "their" playing card, turn the card face down, flick the card, and have a real Hershey Kiss drop into there out-stretched hands....then you could watch a little tear trickle down there face, utterly perplexed.......just an idea.

-PTG

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results