You guys (gals) play nice

Dec 14, 2007
Wanted to say that I've enjoyed the spirited discussions we have shared here at Theory 11. I will be on a performance tour throughout the US for the next month and a half and will have limited email/web access. I will pop in from time to time, I'm sure. Just wanted to thank everyone for the fun and I look forward to our cyber paths crossing when the situation arises.

Brad Henderson

Dec 14, 2007
Hey, gang.

Quick note from the road:

First, thanks for all the kind words. I look forward to coming back and hanging soon.

I am a little over two weeks into the tour. Have performed for well over 5,000 people so far and am not half way done. This has been a summer of old favorites more than trying new stuff, though I have been breaking in the shell game lately. (Have a custom show for a client in August and am getting up to speed on it again.)

Haven't reviewed anything particularly exciting lately, but am looking forward to Revelation and the Willard book.

Hope everyone is having a great time. I know when I was young, holiday break and summer breaks were when I would get most of my practice time in. I would take a book, sit up all night, and work through EVERY trick in it. I learned so much that way. It taught me the syntax of magic, and made it easier to be able to know what a trick should look like and if it were for me.

Talk later!

Brad Henderson

Sep 1, 2007
Hey, gang.

Quick note from the road:

First, thanks for all the kind words. I look forward to coming back and hanging soon.

I am a little over two weeks into the tour. Have performed for well over 5,000 people so far and am not half way done. This has been a summer of old favorites more than trying new stuff, though I have been breaking in the shell game lately. (Have a custom show for a client in August and am getting up to speed on it again.)

Haven't reviewed anything particularly exciting lately, but am looking forward to Revelation and the Willard book.

Hope everyone is having a great time. I know when I was young, holiday break and summer breaks were when I would get most of my practice time in. I would take a book, sit up all night, and work through EVERY trick in it. I learned so much that way. It taught me the syntax of magic, and made it easier to be able to know what a trick should look like and if it were for me.

Talk later!

Brad Henderson

Yay, it's Brad Henderson. Good to hear you're still alive. What in particular are you performing? Is it mainly closeup?

Keep us updated.

Dec 14, 2007
Hi, Ben.

Sorry for the delay. Am finally back home but had three shows back to back upon my arrival - not complaining at all, though!

Final tally: Audience count for the summer was about 13,000 people. Gave several different presentations at the different venues - a stand up mind reading show, a hypnosis show, and tons of close up.

Hammered out some new bits for the hypno show - one of them is a major keeper and the other is perfect for certain audiences - so that was good. Close-up wise I spent a lot of time on the shell game. Have a client for whom I am using it as a customized piece, so I got several hours of flight time in on that. Came up with a cool card change premise at the very end of my tour I am starting to think about. Might be ready for real consumption in a year or so. Also, spent some time with Daley's last. I have never been a big fan of the trick as it is usually unmotivated AND it is over-performed. Came up with an interesting way to lead into it that makes it a nice little capper for a longer routine.

My regret is that I didn't spend more time on some of the more knuckle busting war horses in my repertoire. I actually do some pretty tough, extended feature style routines and usually I get to spend a lot of time with them over the summer. Didn't do that so much. Did spend some time on a cool under done Fechter trick I am hoping to add to my regular set. PLUS, got an advance copy of the Hanussen Contact Mind Reading book. Was a lot of fun using those techniques throughout the summer. Got ok at them. Still not performance ready.

Have a super big customized event I need to go work on, then it's the convention in England and a show in Russia!

So, it's out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Popped in every now and then to check in on you guys. Lot's of "interesting" threads.

Later guys,

Brad

Aug 31, 2007
Hartford, CT
Good to see you're doing well. :)

Hope you are even more successful as you continue on your tour!

But one question: What is this "nice" that you speak of in your topic????????? :D

Sep 1, 2007
That all sounds really awesome. But let me tell you, it's been slow around here without the Henderson to keep the conversations moving.

Hope England and Russia go well. Can't wait to hear about them.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results