Dan & Dave Site Down?

webtech

Banned
Jun 14, 2008
Well, I am sure all of you know by now that the newest Surfaced teaser is now on D&D. On the site it says....
dananddave.com is temporarily down. We apologize for the inconvenience.

This is not true. They have only no way to navigate to the rest of the site from the index page. You can still peruse the site. If you go to ...
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
you could navigate to any part of the site from there. The ony part of the site that is down is the forum section. They should fix this.

-Webby

Last edited by a moderator:

webtech

Banned
Jun 14, 2008
They're re-releasing it on July 1st with Surfaced... did you not read the whole page?
Re-releasing what? Do you mean re-launching? I think your missing the point here. They should take the whole site down, not just the index page. It's not good web development practice.

webtech

Banned
Jun 14, 2008
I am not worried about when the new site will be up, it's that if someone does happen to get into the store area they can order products, which they may not be expecting to fill at this time. Just trying to avert any customer service problems this can cause for D&D.

Dec 10, 2007
Texas
Hey WebTech!

Thanks for the site plug!
I have to say... the topic about the clipshift you started was hilarious! hahaha You had me laughing my butt off! That Kevin!
TFA!! hahaha

-Eugene

Jun 18, 2008
USA
Re-releasing what? Do you mean re-launching? I think your missing the point here. They should take the whole site down, not just the index page. It's not good web development practice.

I'm a web developer/designer as well, though I do not pursue that as a career anymore.

Yes, they probably should have locked/deleted, or at least redirected, every index page to the main index page that people are meant to see.

Don't interrupt a website-in-progress; if you are indeed a developer, you can know how messy things may be on the coding side of things. Sure, it may look the same, but what if the shopping cart php files charge the card, without placing an order? Good job, you just made someone lose money.

Mods: Could you please DELETE this post, or at least edit webtech's post(s) that reveal the URL?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results