theory11 SNC - roundtable discussion - Tom Isaacson

Oct 21, 2007
www.hi5.com
On your artist profile, it said that you got into magic from seeing David Blaine Perform, what did you think of magic before then, was it an art to you, or was it some person producing rabbits?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Question # 1 (reposted from earlier)
One of the biggest problems in magic is people being unoriginal. How do you distance yourself away from everyone else? How do you become someone other than your average everyday magician?

Question # 2 (reposted from earlier)
I found that a lot of young magicians including myself have faced a point of self-doubt. For a long period I stopped performing because I was not confident in my abilities as an entertainer. Coming from a pro, I'm sure you could give some great advice on how to overcome those feelings. How do you gain confidence in magic? Do you have any tips or advice on how not to get discouraged when performing or even practicing? Thanks,
Creep

Question # 3 What drives you in magic? Do you just consider it your job, and do it strictly for money? Or do you do it because you love to entertain? Or do you do it for your own entertaiment? What keeps you going? Thanks,
Creep

Aug 31, 2007
As a kid doing magic who do you think was the most influential magician?

What do you think is the single most important thing in magic and what does it mean to you?

my two

goodluck everybody

JoeCarr

Banned
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
1. Tom, what is your most regrettable purchase? (can be magic or non-magic)

2. If you could only ever perform one effect ever again, what would it be? (why? eg. reactions, challenge factor, versatility etc)

3. What are your other hobbies? :D

Joe Carr

Aug 30, 2007
Tom, is Dana a good camera man?

Well, I can answer that. I have first hand experience with it. Yes, I am a good camera man JPD. Maybe the best in the world. Ever. I'm pretty sure Tom would agree because if he doesn't, I'll delete his post so you won't know about it.

Dana

May 31, 2008
IL
1. What was your first trick ever performed in front of an audience?
2. What was the most embarrassing performance you had?
3. Who is/was your favorite performer to watch?

Sep 1, 2007
Don't be insulting my man Dana! He may look harmless, but if you push him around long enough, he'll release the inner beast!

I did not make that comment to make my chances at winning the SNC higher...seriously... DANA ROCKS!

Nov 25, 2007
Surreality
who in magic most inspired you when first starting magic, and who most inspires you now, how or why did or do they?

What type of magic is your favorite to perform and which is your favorite to perform?

which magician do you aspire to be like, if any, as in the way they act or perform?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results