Las Vegas shows

Sep 3, 2007
Hey guys,
Me and my grandpa are going on a trip to Las Vegas and we want to see a few magic shows, We have plans to see Penn & Teller and Mac King. So what other shows would you reccomend. Our price range is about 75 bucks. My other question is, how unclean do Penn & Teller get?

Oct 19, 2007
pen and tellers shows is just amazing!!

but I just got tickets to a private criss angel show in October hopefully for his 4th season cant wait!

Nov 30, 2007
Favorite Shows in Vegas that I saw:
Steve Wyrick (it was amazing)
Mac King (so funny)
The World's Greatest Magic Shows (funny and great performers)

Good show, but not my favorite:
Nathan Burton (his was pretty good but nothing spectacular for me)

Not a good show in my opinion:
Dirk Arthur (if you like tigers and animals I guess it would be cool)

Penn and Teller and Lance Burton were not performing when I went to Vegas (which was recently), so I have no review on them although I have heard they were good.

Sep 3, 2007
Alright, the shows I have told him about in order of prefrance.

Almost deffinetly:
Mac King
Penn & Teller

Really want:
Lance Burton
David Copperfield (Of course)
Steve Wyrick

Maybe:
Nathon Burton
Dirk Arthur

Nov 30, 2007
Alright, the shows I have told him about in order of prefrance.

Almost deffinetly:
Mac King
Penn & Teller

Really want:
Lance Burton
David Copperfield (Of course)
Steve Wyrick

Maybe:
Nathon Burton
Dirk Arthur

I would not go for Dirk Arthur. It is your call, but it really wasn't too impressive. Also, World's Greatest Magic Show really doesn't look that impressive, but it is really good (honestly). David Copperfield is always great too (I have seen him twice!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 20, 2007
I liked david copperfield alot when I went to see him in vegas and as the ending trick he made a bunch of people disappear and my dad was one of them

Having been to Vegas twice, both specifically for magic, I can recommend the following shows:

Mac King: The best comedy magician working today, bar none. It is well within your price range, and is a must see.

Lance Burton: An unbelievable performer, with a highly-polished, precision show. Tickets are pricey, but you get your moneys worth: he is the real deal.

Penn and Teller: Again, a bit pricey, but an amazing show nonetheless. Possibly the best magic show I have ever seen. As for the "dirtiness" factor, it can get a little profane, but that was the extent of it, at least when I've seen them perform. I saw the show with my mom, and there was no awkwardness.

Try and see all three if you can afford it: these shows are the cream of the crop in terms of stage magic in Vegas.

J.

KatieKenner

that girl who posts videos sometimes / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
www.myspace.com
Hello,

If you decide to venture away from magic shows while you are in Vegas (yes there are other things to do in Vegas!)

May I suggest:

KA at the MGM.
The Bellagio Fountains (its FREE)
TI Pirates (FREE again)
Walk around the Palazzo, its the newest thing on the Strip.
The Wynn Buffet
Downtown, try the $1.99 Shrimp Cocktail and Take a look at the biggest Television ever (Fremont Street Experience)
Wayne Brady "Making it up" at the Venetian
LOVE at the Mirage (also see if you can swim with the dolphins while you are there)
V the ultimate Variety Show at the Miracle Mile shops
Mario Andretti Race Car school
Red Rock Canyon

Those are just some highlights that are Vegas related. Trust me, I know Vegas pretty well.

Hope you get to experience other things rather than just magic shows, as there is more to this town than just that.

Have fun!

Katie

Sep 3, 2007
Thanks Katie,
We are planning to do some other things, but mostly we are there for magic shows. When my sisters went I think they got to swim with the dolphins. We are trying to see as many magic shows as we can though, because in Colorado, magic is pretty rare.

Nov 30, 2007
Hello,

If you decide to venture away from magic shows while you are in Vegas (yes there are other things to do in Vegas!)

May I suggest:

KA at the MGM.
The Bellagio Fountains (its FREE)
TI Pirates (FREE again)
Walk around the Palazzo, its the newest thing on the Strip.
The Wynn Buffet
Downtown, try the $1.99 Shrimp Cocktail and Take a look at the biggest Television ever (Fremont Street Experience)
Wayne Brady "Making it up" at the Venetian
LOVE at the Mirage (also see if you can swim with the dolphins while you are there)
V the ultimate Variety Show at the Miracle Mile shops
Mario Andretti Race Car school
Red Rock Canyon

Those are just some highlights that are Vegas related. Trust me, I know Vegas pretty well.

Hope you get to experience other things rather than just magic shows, as there is more to this town than just that.

Have fun!

Katie

I loved Red Rock Canyon. If you like hiking at all, Red Rock Canyon is awesome! I also went to Zion (which was a few hours away) which was also awesome, but the rock formations and colors on Red Rock are amazing! The Bellagio Fountains are incredible! There are also 3 rides on the Stratosphere (they do cost money) which are sweet! You will have a great time, no doubt!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results