Theory11 - Nearly One Year Later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 6, 2007
I honestly don't really know what to say.

I've been stuck to t11 since it's launch back in August? last year. But you're right "bicyclemagik"- I too have yet to see something really revolutionary about this site.

To me, the thing that makes t11 a 'better' or at least different site than all those other magic sites with big names, are the Saturday Night Contests and the 1-on-1 section.

I personally LOVE the 1-on-1 section- definately revolutionary in my book.

The SNC have been deteriorating recently, as if they're running out of things to do. I haven't seen much magic intergrated with ANY contests on this site, so hopefully that changes in the future. So far, the site is in my opinion, more flourish based than magic.

But thinking about it- I really have yet to see something TRULY revolutionary. Let's hope THE WIRE is just that. (If it's just a chatroom where the artists go on every friday, for example, I'd be happy, but dissapointed too).

Sep 1, 2007
So the general consensus so far seems to be that Theory 11 is not revolutionary. It's not underground. It's not cutting edge. It's basically nothing that's been described.

Go back and watch the teaser videos at www.whatistheory11.com. On more than one occasion, the other online magic shops are spoken poorly of because all they do is hype products to make a quick sale.

So far, the opinions in this thread suggest T11 is everything they hate about the magic industry.

Sep 1, 2007
Cornwall
k well when this first started i enjoyed it much, after my horrible experience dealing with the inept mods at E. I lvoed the open atmosphere, where you can expose a bit and wont get chewed out.
I love and still enjoy the media section (only things thats revolutionary in my mind)
the contests are a joke, some of the 1v1's are ok, some are garbage (but thats with everything, some you like some you dont)

but ive said it countless times before
if you truely want to be different,to be revolutionary
CREATE AN OFF TOPIC SECTION

its a shame we have so many intellictual people on this forum, who can only express their intelligence by asnwering the same questions over and over in topics such as "whats the best card to use on the moon" threads

if you want magicians to build relationships, to build an understanding of another, then get everybodys views on every topic
the wars, religions, environment etc
not only would it bring more people to the site more frequently, in doing so your profits will go up (more people= more buying=more money)

this is now only a recycled Ellusionist in terms of forum, which is really not a good thing.

Sep 1, 2007
k well when this first started i enjoyed it much, after my horrible experience dealing with the inept mods at E.
I know several of the mods at E very well and I can tell you they are far from inept. They are simply enforcing the rules that are given to them. Your issue might be with Brad Christian or Robert Johnson, but to call the mods there inept is uncalled for.

The closest magic forum to being revolutionary, at least in my opinion, is The Magic Woods, which just so happens to have an off-topic forum.

Jan 27, 2008
Thank you phenomena.
And whoever said the media section is the only revolutionary thing about this place, it's not even...
Look back in time to 2005 when Richard created decknique and the greatest media section ever, still alive to this day.

If anybody here, like the members above^ want something revolutionary because they agree with me, try www.decknique.net.
I think you'll like it there. The mods there are awesome. Everything about it is great.
And I know it might seem different at first, but just give it a try. After a month, you'll be like 'What's t11? Oh ya, that place that promised so much and didn't fulfill any of it.'
-Sean

Dec 22, 2007
Long Island, New York
Thank you phenomena.
And whoever said the media section is the only revolutionary thing about this place, it's not even...
Look back in time to 2005 when Richard created decknique and the greatest media section ever, still alive to this day.

If anybody here, like the members above^ want something revolutionary because they agree with me, try www.decknique.net.
I think you'll like it there. The mods there are awesome. Everything about it is great.
And I know it might seem different at first, but just give it a try. After a month, you'll be like 'What's t11? Oh ya, that place that promised so much and didn't fulfill any of it.'
-Sean

What if your a magician? DN is a cardist only community...

Jan 27, 2008
There's actually a lot of people who do magic there.
In the general discussion, off topic, and other skills forums, a lot of magic stuff is discussed and posted.
Plus theres a playing card section, which basically answers every question that people seem to have on this site.

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
I personally LOVE the 1-on-1 section- definately revolutionary in my book.

Don't get me wrong on this, but how exactly is the 1 on 1 section different than any other sites Instant downloads, other than the fact they update it weekly (which rocks)?

I wouldn't call it revolutionary, because it already exists, but I do like the material.

perhaps I'm missing the "revolutionary" part.

j

Dec 2, 2007
Here's something to ponder:

Instead of saying "this isn't revolutionary at all". What would make this "revolutionary"? Again, just complaining doesn't get anywhere.

What would make this a different site to YOU? What were YOU expecting?. Why not offer some help or CONSTRUCTIVE advice?

DM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results