Clipshift and Others

Feb 27, 2008
France
Hi

I know what you thinking of > Ho damn another thread on the clipshift !!!!<
But this is not a thread like the other this is actually a thread who's working like a big private message for all of the ones who know it....

So there a few questions about the clipshift....

>Did the ct (clipshift) use the pinky and only the pinky?
>Did the ct required to have big hand to cover?
>Did the ct could be perform COMPLETLY surrounded ?
>How the ct will " change my magic forever" ?
>How the ct is difficult?

I think that all
l thank you
and sorry
for my bad english.

PS : Did someone know when dananddave gonna launch their new website???

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 21, 2008
In Your Closet
I know nothing about the clipshift, but I'm pretty sure the website will be up this week. This was from their website:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]More information will be posted when our new site launches this week.[/FONT]

Sep 1, 2007
Melbourne
Here's a great idea,
Since it's been released, why not pick up a copy, it'll be worth your money if you're really interested in it.
I'm sure everything you asked is available on the DVD.

cheers

I do not own Surfaced, nor have a I learned the Clipshift (...yet). But, if it is anything like I imagine it is, this will not be an easy sleight. "Rumor has it" that the 26 Shift is the Clipshift with 26 cards, basically a one handed pass... No way its going to be easy... but most worthwhile sleights aren't :cool:

Dec 22, 2007
[Original];110649 said:
Hi

>Did the ct (clipshift) use the pinky and only the pinky?
>Did the ct required to have big hand to cover?
>Did the ct could be perform COMPLETLY surrounded ?
>How the ct will " change my magic forever" ?
>How the ct is difficult?

1) no, all 5 fingers are used.
2) not really
3) no
4) it probably wont
5) its hard, takes a month or two to get it down confidently.

Aug 31, 2007
UK
[Original];110649 said:
Hi

I know what you thinking of > Ho damn an other thread on the clipshift !!!!<
But this is not a thread like the other this is actually a thread who's working like a big private message for all of the ones who know it....

>Did the ct (clipshift) use the pinky and only the pinky? No, all of your fingers are required to perform the move.
>Did the ct required to have big hand to cover?No, size of hand does not matter.
>Did the ct could be perform COMPLETLY surrounded ? I wouldn't recommend performing it with people to your right if you are right-handed.
>How the ct will " change my magic forever" ?It's a very versatile and useful sleight.
>How the ct is difficult?Quite difficult.

I think that all
l thank you
and sorry
for my bad english.

P+M

PS : Did someone know when dananddave gonna launch their new website???

You're welcome.

[Original];110649 said:

1) Did the ct (clipshift) use the pinky and only the pinky?
2) Did the ct required to have big hand to cover?
3) Did the ct could be perform COMPLETLY surrounded ?
4) How the ct will " change my magic forever" ?
5) How the ct is difficult?

1) As people have stated before, all fingers are used for the Shift.

2) Big hands aren't necessary, but would help.

3) No, unfortunately you cannot perform it "completely" surrounded. Your best angles (for right-handed performers) would be from the front and the right. However, with enough effort and practice, your left angle will also become fairly adequate. The only really bad angles for this move are from behind (i.e., looking over your shoulder) or from an obvious below.

4) I've been using the shift for many years now, and it's served me very well in my performances -- it's a beautiful move and one that I could not recommend enough. However, no single move will “change your magic forever”. Of course, it will make it more interesting on occasion; but the only way to change your magic forever is to work on yourself – not necessarily your moves. :)

5) The Shift took me a long time to get down, from first hearing about it until being able to astound audiences with it, was a good five-seven months. Granted, after about two-three months I could do it - but certainly not very well. Like anything, I would recommend that people spend as much time as they can with this before trying it out.

Warm regards,
Jordan

Feb 27, 2008
France
Q: How the ct will "change my magic forever"

R: I've been using the shift for many years now, and it's served me very well in my performances -- it's a beautiful move and one that I could not recommend enough. However, no single move will “change your magic forever”. Of course, it will make it more interesting on occasion; but the only way to change your magic forever is to work on yourself – not necessarily your moves. :)

Well i just asked that because the trailer say it.... Anyway thanks.

;)

P+M

PS: I'm going to buy SURFACED today so i'll certainly make a review (quite small i think) on it in 3/4 days.

PS:Has you can see i've found the coloured options..... :p

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results