Thoughts on "Nearly One Year Later"

Jan 27, 2008
Although I hate hype, I just realized, there isn't really any sites out there that don't hype up stuff just a little bit, and add marking stuff that you really hate.
For example, D&D, being either too lazy to put out this 'new beginning for D&D.com' because they're lazing about on their couch eating chips and working on the - the trilogy: spongeballs. OR, they're waiting to get a bunch of people to buy surfaced, so they can then release smoke and mirrors after a bunch of 'signed' copies are shipped out of surfaced, and we'll all have to repay for shipping. Which sucks.
Well, I'm not falling into that... I'm just gonna pay 15 bucks for 1 deck from my the magic shop in Vancouver.

KatieKenner

that girl who posts videos sometimes / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
www.myspace.com
Since the point of the thread is how we are growing and improving and such...

The people who started this site have come such a long way since last year when they were filming the "whatistheory11" in our living room. Sure, they have made mistakes, but they have admitted and moved on while fixing whatever the problem may have been. As a team we all are doing everything we can to constantly improve and evolve and listen to feedback.

I must say that I know this site will be a force to be reckoned with - now and long into the future. Not only because of us and the dedication of the t11 crew - but because of you guys - the members.

After all, Rome wasn't built in a day. Patience is a virtue and there is a difference between hype and marketing, its a part of life.

Love,
Katie

TomIsaacson

theory11 artist
Just wanted to express a few thoughts on this. JB brought up a lot of good points that hopefully cleared up some things that seem to have been popping up from time to time by a small minority, who sometimes think they are speaking for the majority.

Some people have this idea that there is some Magic Pill (pardon the pun) that will change magic overnight that we are promising. Unfortunately, the reality is that will never exist (unless Steve Jobs gets on it). A revolution doesn't happen overnight. You need to build an army first, but slowly and surely that is what's happening. Theory11 is continually adapting and evolving every day as our community grows very steadily -- which is great. That doesn't mean we are perfect, or will never screw up, but we will always stay true to our IDEAL: Elevate the Art of Magic.

Cicero's idea that "careful attention to detail often proves superior to genius" I think carries a lot of weight with our art. Elevating the art doesn't always have to be coming up with groundbreaking concepts; it can be small details and subtleties that can elevate it. All these things - large and small - perfect and improve, innovate and create, represent the vision for this site.

And realistically do any of you think a task of this magnitude is something that is unlikely to ever possibly to happen outside of a "business"? In the real world, money makes things go round, it would be impossible to do this otherwise. That said, money isn't the only thing necessary for this. We need community that POSITIVELY supports each other, while being free from immature comments and childish insults. We need structure, and we needs people that are patient enough to see it through to the next generation. So just hurry up and wait.

'You can never have a revolution in order to establish a democracy. You must have a democracy in order to have a revolution.”
-GK CHESTERTON

-TI-

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 15, 2008
There are no words for how good this community already is, and it's unimaginable how good it'll be in the future. I think that every single member on this site feels the love, respect and dedication from everyone in the Theory11 crew, and I believe it's really hard to understand how much work and effort they've really put into this project.

I don't think I'm alone when I say that this is by far the best way to get help, criticism and inspiration from people around the globe really caring about our art. If FedEx wasn't too expensive I'd send 1 gross red roses to the Theory11 team for bringing magic to a completely new level.

A really big thanks to the Theory11 crew for the humour, care and dedication. We love ya'all forever.

Oct 6, 2007
OMG OMG OMG JB mentioned my name!

Getting back on track....

I don't really know how to describe my love for T11, the community and the crew.

I'm not going to sit here telling you how much I appreciate JB's lengthy response, or how much I agree with him- yet..i've done exactly that.

Anyway, I'm just going to sit back and wait. Lots more in store for T11 I'm sure.

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
We all respect the company [Ellusionist] then and today

OMGWTFYOUMEANYOUDONTHAETELLUSIONIST?!BUTIVEBEENFIGHTINGALLTHISTIMEFORT11WHEREDOESIGETREWARD?!!! :mad:

Seriously folks, whilst everything JB has said I do agree with, pay attention to this. Look, there really isn't any rivalry between the two companies. I know! Amazing isn't it.

Sorry to bring the general positivity of the thread down, but this quote stuck out to me and I know full well everyone that needs to take note of this quote will just skip over it, just like this post. :D

- Sean

Jan 27, 2008
awerafasdfafasfdfa

Unfortunately, the reality is that will never exist (unless Steve Jobs gets on it).
'You can never have a revolution in order to establish a democracy. You must have a democracy in order to have a revolution.”
-GK CHESTERTON

-TI-
I don't normally care, but I think you made a typo.
You probably meant to say 'If Bill Gates got on it.'

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results